Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Differentiate the mutant races
The mutant races are currently mostly cosmetic. I think they should have some gameplay effect if you go through the genetic junk to unlock them.

- Squids can breathe water (and maybe other fluids)
- Skellingtons are resistant to cold, heal from drinking milk
- Lizard stamina regen is based on air temperature

Any other ideas?
They're not aaall cosmetic.

Premature clones have a wide variety of unique attributes!

also I might be inclined to actually go through with this if there's not too much general outrage at the idea of mutant races being different mechanically, so keep the ideas coming and/or scream at me to not allow this
im all for mechanic changes around the space races. a penalty is that the synthetics can murder cause they aren't human
Skeltons should clak when they dance
Lizards should randomly yee when they scream.
(11-14-2017, 05:01 PM)Technature Wrote: Lizards should randomly always yee when they scream.

Besides that, I would be okay with this if skeleton and lizard were removed from spacebux and made genetics-only, then I would be cool with giving them powers. Also I haven't seen anyone mention the cockroach mutant race so if anyone can think of any abilities for that throw em out there.

Edit: Another thing I thought of: are Martian ambassadors still shitty? As far as I am aware, they can only wear hats and back items, and are unable to speak. I think that they should get a cooldown-less version of telepathy to make up for their lack of speech, and be given anaerobic metabolism+cold resistance to make up for their inability to wear spacesuits or internals. That or just change Martian ambassadors to be critter martians instead of mutant race martians.
(11-14-2017, 05:12 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 05:01 PM)Technature Wrote: Lizards should randomly always yee when they scream.

Besides that, I would be okay with this if skeleton and lizard were removed from spacebux and made genetics-only, then I would be cool with giving them powers. Also I haven't seen anyone mention the cockroach mutant race so if anyone can think of any abilities for that throw em out there.

Edit: Another thing I thought of: are Martian ambassadors still shitty? As far as I am aware, they can only wear hats and back items, and are unable to speak. I think that they should get a cooldown-less version of telepathy to make up for their lack of speech, and be given anaerobic metabolism+cold resistance to make up for their inability to wear spacesuits or internals. That or just change Martian ambassadors to be critter martians instead of mutant race martians.

Light rad resistance seems the obvious one, for cockroaches?
roach idea: no RAD damage. great for miners or blitzing your genetic code over and over. obviously based on the "roaches would survive nuclear war" trope

edit: darn i got owned
(11-14-2017, 01:45 PM)Cirrial Wrote: also I might be inclined to actually go through with this if there's not too much general outrage at the idea of mutant races being different mechanically, so keep the ideas coming and/or scream at me to not allow this
IIC the vaious theads thee on this have been ovewhelmingly positve. You shouldn't have anything to woy about. The only concen is making sue they aen't OP o obnoxious.

Haaaah. My  key boke. Fuck it.
Roaches: Healed a bit by sugar. Get the nervous trait when they're in lit areas. Immune to food poisoning

Lizards: Can molt and leave skin husks behind
(11-14-2017, 05:01 PM)Technature Wrote: Lizards should randomly yee when they scream.

Someone suggested forever ago that lizards should have a genetic Reptilian Conspiracy ability where they spit Yee at people.
Things are fine with mutants having unique attributes if they're only attained via genetics tinkering. The problems people want to avoid arise when the mutant races are an option from the character customization screen.
So remove the races from the space bux menu. Them being locked behind the rare Diplomat gimmick role is probably fine too.
(11-14-2017, 06:23 PM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 01:45 PM)Cirrial Wrote: also I might be inclined to actually go through with this if there's not too much general outrage at the idea of mutant races being different mechanically, so keep the ideas coming and/or scream at me to not allow this
IIC the vaious theads thee on this have been ovewhelmingly positve. You shouldn't have anything to woy about. The only concen is making sue they aen't OP o obnoxious.

Haaaah. My  key boke. Fuck it.

sorry why hasnt anyone else pointed this out, this is incredible.

"my  key boke"

edit: also on-screen keyboard is slow but useful
Tengu

Race of bird people. Come in a variety of colors as opposed to having hair. Instead of screaming they CAW like our other birbs

Natural 20% cold resist
Vulnerable to fire, burn for 35% longer if ignited.