Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
remove all cluwne effects with spaceacillin
seems pretty dumb and useless to have a "cure" of being cluwned when all it does is let you wear normal close, i can't even operate terminals ffs. i think that being spaceacillin'd should either a) remove all effects of cluwnization or b) kept as is, but have a more harder to reach chem remove all the effects. i just don't think that you should be forced to be kept as a cluwne permanently one way or another. i'm aware of cloning but a majority of the time that a wizard is cluwning people, they've most likely destroyed the cloner as well. i just think you should have more options of getting rid of the debilitating defects of being a half brained green man  Banging head against the wall
The intended way to remove the other effects is to have a chaplain bible you. The problem comes from the fact that if it is a wizard round, there is ALWAYS no chaplain. Always.
all i'll say is that cluwning is much better than polymorph + a few hits with anything. at least cluwnes have health and can be cloned
(10-14-2017, 06:23 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: all i'll say is that cluwning is much better than polymorph + a few hits with anything. at least cluwnes have health and can be cloned

i completely agree with that, cluwnes are not even a percentile worse than being polymorphed could ever be, i just think that both transformations should offer more sensible and less conditional ways of coming back into human form. they're essentially handicaps after you're morphed into either of those two and it really strains the fun for a player
Does it matter if you're not a chaplain? I know trying to decluwne yourself with a bible just results in a burning hand, but I think I remember raiding the chapel specifically to help cluwnes.
(10-14-2017, 06:23 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: all i'll say is that cluwning is much better than polymorph + a few hits with anything. at least cluwnes have health and can be cloned

At least if you are polymorphed you are not publicly shamed. And critters can be cloned if their brain is put on another body
(10-14-2017, 07:35 PM)Technature Wrote: Does it matter if you're not a chaplain?  I know trying to decluwne yourself with a bible just results in a burning hand, but I think I remember raiding the chapel specifically to help cluwnes.

Last time I tried it as the Medical Director, trying to bible a cluwne just made the book fizzle a bit in my hands.
Maegor does raise a good point though. While polymorphed folks are free to go around trying to get revenge on the wizard without getting griefed, cluwnes are considered valid to kill, meaning that you are at the risk of a particularly rude scientist trying their latest deathmix on you.
(10-14-2017, 07:35 PM)Technature Wrote: Does it matter if you're not a chaplain?  I know trying to decluwne yourself with a bible just results in a burning hand, but I think I remember raiding the chapel specifically to help cluwnes.

I'm somewhat certain it does, though I've never seen a chaplain ever decluwne someone with a bible.
I remember seeing in the changelog some months ago "Chaplains can now decluwne people using the bible" or something like that, but have never seen a chaplain actually do it. I highly doubt the coders would remove such a feature without telling anyone, though.
If you're not a chaplain, bibling someone always makes it sizzle
Idea: if you are not a chaplain, you can gain all of the chaplain's powers and immunties by having holy water in your bloodstream.
I kinda miss when cluwning was to be feared instead of grumpled at.
(10-14-2017, 07:54 PM)Maegor Wrote:

At least if you are polymorphed you are not publicly shamed. And critters can be cloned if their brain is put on another body

wait critters have brains now? since when? dang i had a huge gap where i didnt play
(10-14-2017, 09:15 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 07:54 PM)Maegor Wrote:

wait critters have brains now? since when? dang i had a huge gap where i didnt play
This was pretty recently I think.
Reminder: Cluwne/Polymorph have longer cooldowns than the actually lethal spells because being a cluwne/animal is meant to be at least as troublesome as being straight-up dead. Most wizards who cluwne/polymorph people are generally happy to let their targets stumble around in cluwne/animal form as long as they don't get in the way. If it's too easy to get back to normal from being a cluwne, wizards will just drop it and go back to spamming fireballs/empower+staff/hellgolems to kill people as rapidly as possible.