Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
A little Question and Answer Thread.
Really? I don't remember seeing plasma as an option on chem dispensers.
You mean plasma, or 'liquid plasma'? Plasma is in chem dispensers. 'Liquid plasma' is a disease reagent which you can probably only obtain in centcream or maybe something else like odd-cigs.
you use plasma from chem dispensers, which is at all chem dispensers, to booby-trap lights and cells. the lights are decently effective, don't think it breaks floor tiles most of the time but good near windows or welding fuel tanks.

i actually meant to mess with trapped power cells like a million years ago but the only way i can see that would actually happen is all the cells in robotics, but i like synthetics
Can you inject the mini cells? Exploding taser, anyone?
(09-05-2017, 10:35 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 07:14 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: Are there any good uses for Fibrilith...?  Since it is super itchy but is only really good for clothing as far as I can tell?  I really don't mean this to be bitching, I put some thought into it and it seems like scrap material, now that I know that.  Thanks in advance!

It would probably be useful in crafting something that isn't clothing. Afaik, there are no non-clothing items that require cloth, but most implants require an insulation material item. Does that result in itchy eyeballs? Also Power cables.

I haven't gotten into materials crafting yet, what are the stats on an average Fibrilith? Anything worth smelting into another material type?

Beyond that, might be fun to craft a hot-potato super armor.

Used to be you could only use minerals in the Arc smelter. Fibrilith is mineral and fabric, which meant fibrilith could be used to create a mineral-fabric alloy to get better stats from clothing, but only if you had enough of a material to dilute it down enough that it stopped being itchy. Now of course you can make alloys of anything since the Nano crucible accepts any material.
(09-06-2017, 12:46 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: Can you inject the mini cells? Exploding taser, anyone?

you know, you'd have to test that yourself. i also thought it was like impossible to get those without surplus crates anyway, cause they can't be removed? or was that changed at some point
(09-06-2017, 12:46 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 10:35 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 07:14 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: Are there any good uses for Fibrilith...?  Since it is super itchy but is only really good for clothing as far as I can tell?  I really don't mean this to be bitching, I put some thought into it and it seems like scrap material, now that I know that.  Thanks in advance!

It would probably be useful in crafting something that isn't clothing. Afaik, there are no non-clothing items that require cloth, but most implants require an insulation material item. Does that result in itchy eyeballs? Also Power cables.

I haven't gotten into materials crafting yet, what are the stats on an average Fibrilith? Anything worth smelting into another material type?

Beyond that, might be fun to craft a hot-potato super armor.

Used to be you could only use minerals in the Arc smelter. Fibrilith is mineral and fabric, which meant fibrilith could be used to create a mineral-fabric alloy to get better stats from clothing, but only if you had enough of a material to dilute it down enough that it stopped being itchy. Now of course you can make alloys of anything since the Nano crucible accepts any material.

Hey, thanks for both providing context and also clueing me in that there is a level of dilution that removes the itchiness!

(09-06-2017, 12:51 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 12:46 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: Can you inject the mini cells? Exploding taser, anyone?

you know, you'd have to test that yourself. i also thought it was like impossible to get those without surplus crates anyway, cause they can't be removed? or was that changed at some point

I mean I can't guarantee I'm right but I can attest that there seems to be no EASY way to get mini-power-cells, as I spent a few days worth of rounds trying to build up the antique laser into a working thing.
You can make a cell out of erebite or plasmastone and swap them out by using them on the taser. Although the power cells you make from this are worse even than the basic cells and highly radioactive so using them to swap power cells around is the only reason they exist right now.
(09-06-2017, 12:51 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:

From what I remember, you can only swap mini-cells by clicking on a item that uses them with another mini-cell, meaning you'd have to already have a mini-cell on hand to booby trap a gun
(09-06-2017, 01:34 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: You can make a cell out of erebite or plasmastone and swap them out by using them on the taser. Although the power cells you make from this are worse even than the basic cells and highly radioactive so using them to swap power cells around is the only reason they exist right now.

Are you totally sure?  You seem to know your shit as a rule, but my recent experiments I could only make borg/APC power cells, not mini ones, out of erebite and cerenkite. Dr. Zoidcrab and Flourish were both ENTIRELY correct, all I can blame is excitement and cognitive bias on my part.
You can't inject plasma into small cells, no. There was a thread about that a while ago. Also, yes, you can craft small ones out of erebite and probably cerenkite (unless it checks for specific materials or something).
(09-06-2017, 01:54 PM)Flourish Wrote: You can't inject plasma into small cells, no. There was a thread about that a while ago. Also, yes, you can craft small ones out of erebite and probably cerenkite (unless it checks for specific materials or something).

I'll try it again tonight... do you do it from the nano-fabricator? Cuz the only power cells I could find to make, there, were the borg/APC ones.
(09-06-2017, 02:09 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 01:54 PM)Flourish Wrote: You can't inject plasma into small cells, no. There was a thread about that a while ago. Also, yes, you can craft small ones out of erebite and probably cerenkite (unless it checks for specific materials or something).

I'll try it again tonight... do you do it from the nano-fabricator? Cuz the only power cells I could find to make, there, were the borg/APC ones.

Yup. It's under tools, named "small energy cell".
So, this is kind of an opinion-y question. I am kinda starting to enjoy playing AI, especially after work my-time where pop is a bit lower and so the information overload is less.

I've always liked Iain M. Bank's Culture-setting AI's. My favorite portrayal in any media I know other than GERTY from Moon. If you know these books, they tend to have some pretty fricking esoteric names.

tl;dr In yer opinion, how long is TOO LONG, FUCK OFF for an AI name? Is there a hard-set character limit? I don't wanna be obnoxious.
(09-10-2017, 12:40 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: tl;dr In yer opinion, how long is TOO LONG, FUCK OFF for an AI name?  Is there a hard-set character limit?  I don't wanna be obnoxious.

anything that causes your messages to take up more than a line is too long. unless you type big messages on average. any name more than half a line of the chat is way too long, but i guess that depends on the size you play ss13 at also