Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Open Up HoS to All Mentors
(07-24-2017, 10:18 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 01:14 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Have it open to all mentors, but have people that apply to HoS start off with a medal

What kind of medal? Would it give any kind of reward like the others?

No, it'd just be one of those sticker medals. An extra cosmetic item, to show you're a decorated officer.
(07-24-2017, 11:01 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 10:18 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 01:14 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Have it open to all mentors, but have people that apply to HoS start off with a medal

What kind of medal? Would it give any kind of reward like the others?

No, it'd just be one of those sticker medals. An extra cosmetic item, to show you're a decorated officer.

That's what I meant by reward.
ed, not a medal as in an achievement, so no reward, they just spawn with a sticker which looks like a medal, as in, first place, second place
That's Kinda lame. I can't imagine being able to see that too well on a person's sprite. Oh well.
idea: make applying for HoS be what makes you spawn with the HoS hat. The hat is already the beacon of respect for the HoS and it's easily visible and discernable on sprites in either form. Mentor HoS do not start with the hat.
(07-25-2017, 03:03 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: idea: make applying for HoS be what makes you spawn with the HoS hat. The hat is already the beacon of respect for the HoS and it's easily visible and discernable on sprites in either form. Mentor HoS do not start with the hat.

Idea: Mentors get the Hat and OG HoS players get the beret.
Beret is the best headgear
I am strongly opposed to this. Head of Security's are supposed to not be shit, yes, and most mentors are not shit as they're supposed to be trusted to not Meta.

However, another thing that Head of Security's are supposed to be are Robust. Many Mentors I know are robust forces of nature, but if you're a Head of Security, you need to be more so. You need to know every single thing about the security layout, you need to know how to make on-the-point decisions, and you need to be able to be looked up upon. Head of Security's are in a way, the True Captain. If we just let every Mentor be one, then they're just the better Security officer.
tbh im hos and I know nothing about security other than arrest the crimers and become the law
I think you put more faith in HOS' knowledge than they deserve there, Youkcat.
(07-25-2017, 12:22 PM)The Worst Wrote: I think you put more faith in HOS' knowledge than they deserve there, Youkcat.

Why's that? I'm not as robust as I used to be but I am still pretty good at the game and I do know alot about security than most. To the point where people like Cogwerks and PGOAT (maker of Linemap) would use my feedback to change the Security Layout or in the case of Linemap's Security was made almost using my feedback alone.

(07-25-2017, 08:24 AM)Hokie Wrote: tbh im hos and I know nothing about security other than arrest the crimers and become the law

It also seems you've made yourself an HoS cause I looked though the applications and only found your mentor applications not an HoS application. So I would not use you as a example that HoS players no nothing about the job.
(07-25-2017, 07:14 AM)YoukCat Wrote: Head of Security's are in a way, the True Captain. If we just let every Mentor be one, then they're just the better Security officer.

Except HoS should just be the better (and then some) officer. Unless the round is going to shit and the captain is gone/useless/antag, the HoS should only be responsible for their officers/security efforts, not being the 'True Captain'.
I made a comment about badass certification in my last post, but honestly, HoS stopped being a certified badass a few years ago when it seems it was made more common. I still respect the position, as they obviously know what they're doing, but I won't assume that 'they got this'. Prior to that, if someone was a HoS, I'd treat them like a bollywood superhero and yeah they usually delivered.

If mentors got HoS I'd lose all respect for the position and would treat them like a second captain or HoP. I'd also be calling for the mentor list to be wiped. That or seriously weakening the position to being strictly the Head of Security and not an ubercaptain.

I'm sure this seems like a rant, but I honestly don't mind either way. I just wanna note that it isn't a minor change and proper consideration needs to be taken.

Oh, and Noah? Changing the title from "Make HoS reapply/Wipe HoS list" or whatever it was to "Open Up HoS to All Mentors" is a clear bait and switch. colbert
Great post Vitatroll I agree with you completely on everything you said.
(07-25-2017, 05:43 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I made a comment about badass certification in my last post, but honestly, HoS stopped being a certified badass a few years ago when it seems it was made more common. I still respect the position, as they obviously know what they're doing, but I won't assume that 'they got this'. Prior to that, if someone was a HoS, I'd treat them like a bollywood superhero and yeah they usually delivered.

If mentors got HoS I'd lose all respect for the position and would treat them like a second captain or HoP. I'd also be calling for the mentor list to be wiped. That or seriously weakening the position to being strictly the Head of Security and not an ubercaptain.

I'm sure this seems like a rant, but I honestly don't mind either way. I just wanna note that it isn't a minor change and proper consideration needs to be taken.

Oh, and Noah? Changing the title from "Make HoS reapply/Wipe HoS list" or whatever it was to "Open Up HoS to All Mentors" is a clear bait and switch. colbert

This sums up every single concern of mine.