Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did people discover the Adventure Coordinates?
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how exactly the first people found out what the actual coordinates were for places like the lava moon, the mars outpost, solarium, etc. (not how to use the equation to find them again the next round, but actually physically finding them). I've always wondered if that information slowly trickled down from the coders/admins or if people had to actually plug in every single coordinate they could think of until they found a place where they could teleport in on the adventure Z level. If its the latter I'm honestly amazed at the patience that people have and that would honestly be pretty cool. Either way I guess I'm just curious about the history of telescience.
Don't they all show up on the space GPS as a distress signal?
(06-19-2017, 02:24 AM)Gannets Wrote: Don't they all show up on the space GPS as a distress signal?

they do. you do the telesci magic coord decryption to the gps signals and they take you to adventure zone. also on not the station z level
Oh wow really? That's actually... pretty cool I didn't know that. I was just kind of told the coordinates of all of the places the second I started to do telescience and I didn't ever give a second thought to the GPS's that spawned at round start. Thanks guys.
(06-19-2017, 02:24 AM)Gannets Wrote: Don't they all show up on the space GPS as a distress signal?

All except for the kitty cat one

That one is a challenge
Are there any hints for this one anywhere ?
While this wasn't how the locations were discovered, I am aware of someone who scanned every single tile on the adventure level as a way of mapping it out.
(06-19-2017, 06:10 AM)Wire Wrote: While this wasn't how the locations were discovered, I am aware of someone who scanned every single tile on the adventure level as a way of mapping it out.

Is there a visual map made from this?
(06-19-2017, 08:01 AM)medsal15 Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 06:10 AM)Wire Wrote: While this wasn't how the locations were discovered, I am aware of someone who scanned every single tile on the adventure level as a way of mapping it out.

Is there a visual map made from this?

I believe the sol people made one.
There is indeed a visual map, but it's highly outdated now.

RIP.
I thought only five of them existed as GPSs? I knew that Lava Moon, Ice Moon, Mars Outpost, Meat Station, and Moon Museum / Ainley (not sure which) existed as GPS coords, but I had no idea how to find Solarium(for example) without looking it up.
(06-19-2017, 09:12 AM)awfulworldkid Wrote: I thought only five of them existed as GPSs? I knew that Lava Moon, Ice Moon, Mars Outpost, Meat Station, and Moon Museum / Ainley (not sure which) existed as GPS coords, but I had no idea how to find Solarium(for example) without looking it up.

Solarium is 99,85 and it is on the GPS list, so is the moon museum and ainley
The only thing I don't know is how the z level plays into telescience.

Is each area a separate zlevel or are they all on the same centcom zlevel?
z = station, z + 1 = adventure, z + 2 = derelict, if that's what you mean. It's just a random, flat offset, so you just have to start at the bottom and test upwards until it reads valid and you've got the station z level.

Unless that's been changed. I haven't really messed with telsci since Ainsley or whatever it's called.
(06-19-2017, 12:12 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: z = station, z + 1 = adventure, z + 2 = derelict, if that's what you mean. It's just a random, flat offset, so you just have to start at the bottom and test upwards until it reads valid and you've got the station z level.

Unless that's been changed. I haven't really messed with telsci since Ainsley or whatever it's called.

There is a z+3. I think it's for centcom.