Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Security - The Thread
obviously new security should be blu. the boyz in blue!!! the thin blue line. the blue lagoon. the wld blue yonder. the blue meanies
(05-27-2017, 11:57 AM)misto Wrote: obviously new security should be blu. the boyz in blue!!! the thin blue line. the blue lagoon. the wld blue yonder. the blue meanies

the blue oyster
(05-27-2017, 11:57 AM)misto Wrote: obviously new security should be blu. the boyz in blue!!! the thin blue line. the blue lagoon. the wld blue yonder. the blue meanies

have them spawn in dressed in a random assortment of clothes found in the security wardrobe
Honestly, we're stuck between 'we need greytide to stop antags from ravaging the entire station' and 'fuck vigilantes, just let sec do its job and be the only ones allowed to lay down the law', and it's made worse by the fact that if Sec or the greytide accidentally murders a nonantag because they were acting shifty/being a shitler, that's a ban for whoever did it. I have no idea how to fix it, but we might start by increasing punishments on dickery and self-antagging, especially for Sec/Heads/Captain.
People shouldn't be banned for accidentally murdering anyone, and they also shouldn't be banned for murdering someone who was acting like a traitor and being a danger. You should report cases where they are banned to someone, please.
I also think that just because you are security, doesn't mean you have to be merciful to murders and rampagers. The brig is for people who are being dicks, but not MAJOR dicks. If someone is murdering random people, attacking officers, or in general behaving like an antagonist, just tale anything cool they have and throw them in the crusher.
Security should be blue, because blue is a calming color, this is the reason people trust staff assistants, Sec's uniforms are Red like the Enemy!
No one smart trusts a staff assistant, because they are either dumb idiots or the most dangerous people on the station.
it is also not in keeping with the LORE of nanotrasen as an evil megacorporation that its private security forces are bound by vague light-touch space law. it is harming my sense of immersion
As a HoS, I actually like it when people mess with me. It gives me something to do in between robusting actual threats.

Don't touch the fukken segways though.
Mop Cuffs - A specialized form of cuffs that weld a cursed mop and bucket to the perp's hands. Keeps them out of murdering, and gives them something more engaging to do - like slip people out of spite.
(05-28-2017, 08:03 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Mop Cuffs - A specialized form of cuffs that weld a cursed mop and bucket to the perp's hands. Keeps them out of murdering, and gives them something more engaging to do - like slip people out of spite.

something more engaging to do like ensuring that the entrance of the brig is slick with water
Hey, I play security semi-regularly and one of the problems that bothers me is the lack of cooperation between officers. Sure we might know an antags name and shout out their location or whatever but beyond that it boils down to a bunch of lone wolves trying to enforce the law (maybe this okay since players should choose how they want to play?). But the number of times we end up arriving at a scene separately and get picked off individually gets me down. The way I see it Security teams should be (partially) organized effort and one suggestion I have would be something really simple like pairing security officers into small squads - possibly even give one of them a squad leader title; this could have a duel effect of making us more effective (power in numbers and all that) and it gives us a stronger 'bond' with our other officers i.e. I would be much more likely to trust an officer I was working with throughout the round than a new recruit. Just as a reference for this I got the idea from a round in which the detective let me be their jr detective and it was a lot more fun than I would have guessed it would be.
(05-28-2017, 08:26 AM)Wonkmin Wrote: It'd be nice if more of our long-time players helped actually respect security rather than using them as victims. I still see well-established regulars who do what they can to mess with any sec officer they see - myself included especially.

I wonder how many of them are mentors and/or have HoS access. If this is anything like the last time the greytide was so high, a lot of them.
I mess with sec if we are both bored, and normally me messing is just helping someone else who's messing with them. if stuff actually starts happening, I cut it out or help sec