Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk)
I've been playing a lot of dishonored due to finally buying the Dunwalls Trials DLC.

Might be cool if there was a "disgraced assassin uniform" with a cyalume saber like item (a collapsible sword), a pistol, and a cool mask and suit. Outsider powers optional or scaled down. Maybe even as a surplus crate item. Maybe include one of those outsider trinkets with the choice of one useful genetic power out of a list.

I mean if you're gonna kill dudes might as well do it in style.

DAU would probably just be mostly cosmetic.

I dunno if the admins want any items that are too referency though.
the freedom implant is a little underwhelming
atomic1fire Wrote:I've been playing a lot of dishonored due to finally buying the Dunwalls Trials DLC.

Might be cool if there was a "disgraced assassin uniform" with a cyalume saber like item (a collapsible sword), a pistol, and a cool mask and suit. Outsider powers optional or scaled down. Maybe even as a surplus crate item. Maybe include one of those outsider trinkets with the choice of one useful genetic power out of a list.

I mean if you're gonna kill dudes might as well do it in style.

DAU would probably just be mostly cosmetic.

I dunno if the admins want any items that are too referency though.

The cyalume saber is a living reference.
Syndicate AI module(roboticist): Hacks the AI's laws to make laws 1 and 2 refer to syndicate operatives. Also anyone wearing a machine language implant becomes a mindslave to the AI. The AI turrets will not shoot at syndicate operatives after upload so feel free to set them to lethal.

Monkey serum(geneticist, scientist): enough stable mutagen+monkey blood to turn anyone into a monkey. try loading it into a medibot for lols!

cursed clown mask(chaplain): everything you need to cluwne one unfortunate victim!

sacrifical knife (chaplain): target chest, set to harm, cut out victim's heart. You don't need an operating table for this. Hearts extracted with this knife make you robust when eaten!

net(test subject): just like the one in planet of the apes. Grab humans, drag them around, and throw them into the crusher.

Fuck you balloon: Does nothing, costs all your telecrystals, has a funny message (containing the name of whoever ordered it) when you examine it. If it appears in a supply crate it will be the only item in the crate. It's also indestructable and can't fit into your backpack. Good luck!
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Syndicate AI module(roboticist): Hacks the AI's laws to make laws 1 and 2 refer to syndicate operatives. Also anyone wearing a machine language implant becomes a mindslave to the AI. The AI turrets will not shoot at syndicate operatives after upload so feel free to set them to lethal.

Monkey serum(geneticist, scientist): enough stable mutagen+monkey blood to turn anyone into a monkey. try loading it into a medibot for lols!

cursed clown mask(chaplain): everything you need to cluwne one unfortunate victim!

sacrifical knife (chaplain): target chest, set to harm, cut out victim's heart. You don't need an operating table for this. Hearts extracted with this knife make you robust when eaten!

net(test subject): just like the one in planet of the apes. Grab humans, drag them around, and throw them into the crusher.

Fuck you balloon: Does nothing, costs all your telecrystals, has a funny message (containing the name of whoever ordered it) when you examine it. If it appears in a supply crate it will be the only item in the crate. It's also indestructable and can't fit into your backpack. Good luck!

These are all bad and you should feel bad.
I think some of them are okay actually
I like that mask.
Send the balloon to security after stocking up on danger chems. Proceed to play hide and seek, murdering any sec officer who tries to find you.
New QM Traitor Item: Black Market Access Pass
Cost: 12 Telecrystals.

Using the Black Market Access Pass on any computer allows you to access the Deepweb and order some items, using Nanotrasen funds, to help with your robust antagonist needs. Here is an example of what I was thinking:

Shipping Budget: 28655 Credits

THE SYNDICATE SHIPPING COMPANY, LLC.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Menu

Please select the Supply Package you would like to request:

Item Cost Contents
Space Suit 1000 Contains a Red Syndicate EVA Suit
Armor 10000 Contains a set of Syndicate Heavy Armor
[literally every item the syndicate offers goes here, with their telecrystal price * 10000 for the cost]
Unsolvable Crate 10000 A fake crate disguised as a bomb. No matter what you try to guess for the Deca Code, it still explodes on the third try.
10x Macrobomb Implanters 100000 Ten Macrobomb Implanters.
Angry Animal Crate 200000 A crate containing ten Yetis, Space Bears, or Wendigos.
40LBS BOX OF WASPS 300000 A Hydroponics crate that claims to contain bees; actually contains 20-30 Space Wasps.
Arsenal 400000 Contains a random assorment of 3-5 boxes of guns, with ammo.
EOD Crate 500000 Contains a random assorment of 3-5 types of
Clown Car 500000 Contains a clown car why would you want this oh god.
Box of Spiders 1000000 This box contains spiders. Many different kinds.
Minigun 1000000 Contains a minigun with unlimited ammo.
HAZMAT Crate 1000000 Contains 10 different poisons.
Nuke 5000000 Contains 1 nuclear weapon.

Main Menu

The risk reward seems pretty balanced to me. But it could use some work. Those were just the items I could think of too, imagine what else you purchase!
New doctor traitor item:

A vial of a totally Unsafeā„¢ Pathogen sample.

3 Telecrystals

You get a vial of a random pathogen which already has a couple of T3 symptoms, a few of T2 and a load of T1s.

This wouldn't be terribly broken as to actually make it more effective, you need to spend a while refining it into a more deadly disease in pathology for a good 10 or 20 minutes, or you could just spread 4 diseases from round start which might or might not do anything. At any rate, the crew would know there is a traitor doctor after a mysterious virus starts spreading after only a couple of minutes into the round.
Surplus crate item suggestion

Martian Marine kit.
Description: Looks like an old armor suit from the Martian Teleportation crisis of 2045. Seems to be in perfect condition despite it's age.
The kit includes: 1 Green colored armor suit with a tan helmet (Good for space conditions and combat) 1 Double Barreled side by side super shotgun. 1 box of 12ga AEX (Explosive slugs) ammo. and 2 boxes of 12ga Buckshot.

The double barreled shotgun has two modes, fire each barrel on its own or at the same time. Single shot it the most accurate and will shoot the shell directly in front of you.
When using slugs in two shot mode it will send the slugs in 2 different random directions within a 3 tile spread in front of the user.
When using buckshot it caps the range and spreads the pellets between 3 tile spread in front of the user. Point blank to a 3 tile far range is deadly. After that the damage drops significantly.

(Yes this is a doom reference)
Silvercloud29 Wrote:Surplus crate item suggestion

Martian Marine kit.
Description: Looks like an old armor suit from the Martian Teleportation crisis of 2045. Seems to be in perfect condition despite it's age.
The kit includes: 1 Green colored armor suit with a tan helmet (Good for space conditions and combat) 1 Double Barreled side by side super shotgun. 1 box of 12ga AEX (Explosive slugs) ammo. and 2 boxes of 12ga Buckshot.

The double barreled shotgun has two modes, fire each barrel on its own or at the same time. Single shot it the most accurate and will shoot the shell directly in front of you.
When using slugs in two shot mode it will send the slugs in 2 different random directions within a 3 tile spread in front of the user.
When using buckshot it caps the range and spreads the pellets between 3 tile spread in front of the user. Point blank to a 3 tile far range is deadly. After that the damage drops significantly.

(Yes this is a doom reference)
Keep the armor, add a variable for it to be paired with a spacker, red chainsaw, laser rifle, rpg, bfg or wrestling belt and stimpacks (to simulate beserk pack)
Call me crazy, but I feel like this thread is where good ideas come to die. This thread was meant to reduce clutter from independent antag item threads, but the only items that seem to get recognized and added are the ones with their own threads.

On topic, the pathogen vial suggestion is a great suggestion.
New Traitor Item: Miami Bloodbath Kit
Cost: 8 Telecrystals

This kit contains the following:
Rubber Chicken Mask
Hotline Jacket
1 random weapon, including rare and secret ones, or a baseball bat/hammer/
If a gun spawns, it will be in a box so it comes with ammo.

The outfit, when worn together and only when together, works like a combination of the meson goggles and the thermals, allowing you to see the entire map and everyone on it. The random weapon is to aid in murdering and can be many different things... sometimes it's a brick, sometimes it's a broken liquor bottle. Sometimes it's a baseball bat, sometimes it's a taser gun. You won't know when you get the box what it will be!
Skunkrocker Wrote:meson goggles and the thermals
Thermals don't allow you to see through walls anymore. X-ray mutation would handle that, though if it's Hotline Miami inspired maybe add the rainbow overlay some drugs give you.