Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk)
Archenteron Wrote:IRC was just bouncing assorted gimmick traitor items off each other, with a focusing on the RD/Captain/HoP. Came up with something that's small (effectwise), useful, and fits their unique theme: The Failsafe Teleporter. A Hand Teleporter with a 0% fail chance (Or an accessory/special shoes/hat that just sets all portal use for you to 0% misfire rate). All of the three jobs get access to the Science Teleporter, and creative use of portals can facilitate a large varity of crime or escape. I'd happily pay 2-3 telecrystals to ensure my bombs/escape route/victim disposal went exactly where I wanted it to go. Maybe for an extra crystal or two, you could either have it that the no-beacon teleport guarentees that you end up somewhere safe, or add a Deep Space guarenteed option to lead people into/escape with a suit on.
Just basicly make it a handtele that you can set the target on the handtele it's self instead of the teleporter computer and have it never fail. I would hate to spend telecrystals on a "failsafe" handtele that anyone can change the destination on. Also I dunno if it should use beacons or not.
why not just give captain a rechargable teleport gun as a traitor item.

Shoot dudes to teleport them into space, go send everyone to some space area where they choke to death and you can go faff around.

Alternatively send dudes to a area filled with plasma that's set on fire or something. like the engine chamber.
atomic1fire Wrote:why not just give captain a rechargable teleport gun as a traitor item.

Shoot dudes to teleport them into space, go send everyone to some space area where they choke to death and you can go faff around.

Alternatively send dudes to a area filled with plasma that's set on fire or something. like the engine chamber.
Cause there is a teleport gun. I dunno where to find it though. I think it only comes in crates.
Bear trap (surplus crate)

uses: once stepped on, stuns for a while then impedes movement. causes brute damage until someone removes it. Like an even worse mouse trap.

how to use.

Activate it, place it on the floor, preferably with something to hide it covering it, drag the poor sap into maintenance and murderize them and reuse your bear trap. Maybe throw it in front of the sec officer chasing you so they step on it and collapse in pain. remove it like you would handcuffs. Because it should be a lucky find it should be reusable.
Even better, let the bear trap act like a very small beaker, so you can pour ten units of reagent on it, and when it snaps shut on someone it puts it into their bloodstream. So you can cake the bear trap in a horrible poison, and fuck someone's day up royally!
Put the bear trap in a pie and throw it at someone as it wrecks their face.
make it instantly kill spigot the bears
i suggested bear traps like a dozen pages ago and cogwerks said he would put them in and then didn't

RIP bear traps
Dauntasa Wrote:i suggested bear traps like a dozen pages ago and cogwerks said he would put them in and then didn't

RIP bear traps
Horrible. Horribly awfully bad. We need bear traps!
Only do it assistant traitors get their own variation, which does less damage but instantly destroys the persons clothing.

The bare trap.
Preamble Wrote:Only do it assistant traitors get their own variation, which does less damage but instantly destroys the persons clothing.

The bare trap.
...Yes.
Defective Anti-Tank Rifle
8-10 crystals maybe cheaper
An extremely powerful weapon designed for destroying armoured targets. The syndicate managed to steal a shipment of these things, but unfortunately it was a shipment slated for destruction due to a flaw in the manufacturing process. Holds one round and comes with a fairly large amount of ammunition, considering how expensive it is. Same calibre as the hunting/tranq rifle.

Theoretically fires a very powerful shell which pierces armour and then explodes. This one does not work correctly, though. The shells do not actually explode when they are meant to. Rest assured, though, they will explode eventually!

Basically, a one-shot hunting rifle that comes with a large supply of defective explosive shells. The shells will pierce one wall or r-wall, and will embed themselves in any doors, humans, or the second wall that they hit. Once they stop, they sit there for an unpredictable amount of time ranging from a few seconds to 5-10 minutes and then explode violently. If they hit a human they'll do basically the same thing as a hunting rifle round except that the round will later explode and gib the victim if they don't have it dug out. Rounds that are stuck in things can be removed surgically for humans or crowbarred out of walls, but even then will still eventually explode and need to be thrown into space or otherwise gotten rid of.

basically a really nasty weapon that hurts like hell and leaves a bunch of unpredictable bombs everywhere that could go off at any time. The blast radius for the shells wouldn't be that large but the explosion be intense and would absolutely wreck everything in it, so anything caught in it is destroyed and anyone caught in it is going to lose a few limbs and be riddled with shrapnel. And anyone who has it go off inside them is obviously going to be gibbed.
I think that the Anti-Tank rifle should be able to be gotten in Surplus Crates, just seems too powerful and unpredictable to spend all of your crystals on. Plus, why would the Syndicate sell you Defective Tank Rifles? They'd sell you actual ones.
Er, a spear gun/bow that shoots explosive spears/arrows?
MedicInDisquise Wrote:I think that the Anti-Tank rifle should be able to be gotten in Surplus Crates, just seems too powerful and unpredictable to spend all of your crystals on. Plus, why would the Syndicate sell you Defective Tank Rifles? They'd sell you actual ones.
why would they sell you a green toolbox that they do not anything about or wrestling belt or anything?

the reason is because one that actually worked wouldn't do what i wanted it to do, which is leave a bunch of extremely dangerous and unpredictable bombs everywhere