Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longer Rounds?
Marquesas Wrote:Interesting, the crowd that demands more transparency and explanation is actually quite largely overlapping with the crowd to whom explaining a nerf is a painful, hellish, abusive experience. But enough derail.

Rhydic Wrote:i dont know why the round doesnt just end if all antagonists are dead.

[Image: raw-meat-psd-436583.png] [Image: 240px-Rainbow_flag_and_blue_skies.jpg] [Image: 8bf81bbea48ac799fafbd8551aa57bb1.jpg]

Well, being yelled at and called a whiny baby for disagreeing with nerfs does tend to upset people.
Scrumpys Wrote:Well, being yelled at and called a whiny baby for disagreeing with nerfs does tend to upset people.
:eyepop:
Mageziya Wrote:Marq, part of the reason I was salty towards nerfs is because they were supposedly being done with the justification of longer rounds.
Scrumpys Wrote:Well, being yelled at and called a whiny baby for disagreeing with nerfs does tend to upset people.
Mageziya Wrote:Marq, part of the reason I was salty towards nerfs is because they were supposedly being done with the justification of longer rounds.
Can someone refresh my memory on what nerfs people are upset about? The only significant ones I can remember is acid spit for changelings and genetics stability, which personally I agree with.
Mofleaker Wrote:
Noah Buttes Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:images

I'm not sure how to interpret those images.

Meat Gay Vase

Meat gay ming

Metagaming.
Frank_Stein Wrote:Can someone refresh my memory on what nerfs people are upset about? The only significant ones I can remember is acid spit for changelings and genetics stability, which personally I agree with.
There was a derringer nerf that people got rather upset about because it was undocumented and the seeming only justification for it when it was first learned about was, "make it harder for antags to kill so rounds last longer."

Dabir Wrote:Meat gay ming

Metagaming.
:slowclap:
I think a big problem is that we have a serious disconnect with regards to what people want the game to be. The devs are working on massively complex and elegant systems of simulating various parts of the ship and balanced Interaction between those systems, but a lot of players want to play in a purely competitive way that in realistic terms makes most of these systems entirely superfluous.
This in and of itself is not a bad thing, but developers and players need to reach some sort of consensus on what goonstation is going to be. Either a complex cooperative role based sim or an open world competitive lightweight action game. It can be either but somebody needs to choose otherwise you end up with a milquetoast game that is not much of either. Yet people seem to be really split down the middle out of what they want out of this game.

Fucking goon servers always get so complicated.
Oh wait I just want to chime in that the nerfs for things like, well uh, I guess explosive shotgun rounds, were because a small subset of players were using them exclusively solely to kill most of the station with, and this does not seem like very much fun to anyone. I do not think any nerf happened because of a wish to have longer rounds. I really can't remember any other nerfs, though.
Hufflaw Wrote:Oh wait I just want to chime in that the nerfs for things like, well uh, I guess explosive shotgun rounds, were because a small subset of players were using them exclusively solely to kill most of the station with, and this does not seem like very much fun to anyone. I do not think any nerf happened because of a wish to have longer rounds. I really can't remember any other nerfs, though.
Explosive shells were awful and I'm glad they were nerfed. I, too, can't think of any game breaking nerfs that have exactly ruined anything!
Okay. Yeah, I've just assumed that a lot of those changes had to do with making antagonists too powerful and minimizing time spent dead for other players.

I think longer rounds have just been a side effect of people surviving longer coupled with a shift to less aggression between players in game. Antagonists don't go on murder sprees as much because it's not as viable a strategy as it used to be, Sec is less likely to murder antags when they find them, and random griefing is mostly just harmless pranks and farts compared to the beat and strip you used to see a few years back.
Mageziya Wrote:There was a derringer nerf that people got rather upset about because it was undocumented and the seeming only justification for it when it was first learned about was, "make it harder for antags to kill so rounds last longer."
You should read that thread again because the actual reason derringers got "Nerfed" was because armor was fixed to actually protect you from bullets instead of actually giving you more damage when hit by armor piercing bullets. And the derringer remained unchanged.
The borg nerf from a while back was also aimed at making rounds last longer.

I think when multiple admins have stated through these forums, in deadchat and in the SA thread that they would like the rounds to last longer, pretending this isn't an attitude held is a bit disingenuous. Most of the responses seem to be aimed at attempting to deny this is even a thing, when there are mountains of evidence to the contrary. The only acknowledgement that it even exists is a post that says, in essence, it isn't worth bothering justifying because people wouldn't accept it. If this is a thing that is going to be enforced, I'd prefer that the administration is straightforward and honest about it.
Roomba Wrote:The borg nerf from a while back was also aimed at making rounds last longer.

I think when multiple admins have stated through these forums, in deadchat and in the SA thread that they would like the rounds to last longer, pretending this isn't an attitude held is a bit disingenuous. Most of the responses seem to be aimed at attempting to deny this is even a thing, when there are mountains of evidence to the contrary. The only acknowledgement that it even exists is a post that says, in essence, it isn't worth bothering justifying because people wouldn't accept it. If this is a thing that is going to be enforced, I'd prefer that the administration is straightforward and honest about it.

What borg nerf?
The one where they can't use infinite room-destroying hellfoam any more? The one where mediborgs would no longer render the entire department redundant (which was reverted)?
Please list these nerfs that happened solely to prolong rounds. I am at a loss at remembering any.