Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motive system Feedback thread.
I don't like this system (like it's now) at all. How are you supposed to work on mutations if you need to pee/sleep/have fun/talk/eat/drink every minute?
I was going to say this is a bad idea but now that I realise geneticists have to stop grinding mutations to go and have fun instead I love it.
I honestly wouldn't mind having the thirst/hunger system stick forever.

It would actually make the chef and barman relevant beyond the usual monkeyburger/glasses of Bo Jack spam.
Yup, other than fun, which I could only increase through mashing the buttons on the arcade machines, it was all pretty neat!

If you imagine an hour long shift is the equivalent of a day, then make players perform actions as often as they would in a full day, but scaled down to fit an hour long session.
Like, eat 3 meals a day/shift, one big nap half way through, a couple of sips every 10 minutes or so, something like that.
Gannets Wrote:Yup, other than fun, which I could only increase through mashing the buttons on the arcade machines, it was all pretty neat!

If you imagine an hour long shift is the equivalent of a day, then make players perform actions as often as they would in a full day, but scaled down to fit an hour long session.
Like, eat 3 meals a day/shift, one big nap half way through, a couple of sips every 10 minutes or so, something like that.

Fun can also be increased by:
- Watching people slip on banana peels that you planted.
- Farting in peoples' faces
- Robustris
- Using instruments
- Doing drugs
You can increase fun quite effectively by wielding a vuvuzela in each hand, finding an audience and blowing them as fast as you can non-stop.

Coincidentally this also increases the 'fun' stat.
Winklabom Wrote:I honestly wouldn't mind having the thirst/hunger system stick forever.

It would actually make the chef and barman relevant beyond the usual monkeyburger/glasses of Bo Jack spam.
I think it's kinda awesome that people are actually going to the bathroom, and adorable that people flush afterwards, since they don't need to.
Also, it makes for fun cyborg/human interactions.

"Human! You appear to be leaking fluids. Do you require soldering?"
I figured there'd be some methods I'd missed. Once I found something that worked, I pretty much stuck to it.
Punching bags are a fun activity as well!
The real funny thing is, is that while this is a april fools joke, some aspects of it was rather enjoying, especially the hunger/thirst/pissing oneself mechanic.
Maybe we should look into incorporating some of the concepts in a far more passive (i.e: You wont keel over and die) manner?
Sundance Wrote:The real funny thing is, is that while this is a april fools joke, some aspects of it was rather enjoying, especially the hunger/thirst/pissing oneself mechanic.
Maybe we should look into incorporating some of the concepts in a far more passive (i.e: You wont keel over and die) manner?

Don't eat for awhile, stomach makes an audible rumble.

Don't drink, get a raspy throat and talk in small text.
Drink around 60 units and you'll need to pee later.
If you dont get to a toilet, you'll piss yourself.

If you get stunned you have a chance of pissing yourself if you have any liquids drank.

i'm a cowboy baby
Frank_Stein Wrote:
Winklabom Wrote:I honestly wouldn't mind having the thirst/hunger system stick forever.

I think it's kinda awesome that people are actually going to the bathroom, and adorable that people flush afterwards, since they don't need to.
Also, it makes for fun cyborg/human interactions.

"Human! You appear to be leaking fluids. Do you require soldering?"

This could lead some absolutely sickening antags to go full Taliban on the crew by boobytrapping the toilets with pipebombs.

Just imagine doing your business in the toilet and then flush it only to have it violently explode sending you and/or your limbs flying. get in not go out
Or even better, the bomb is activated when they get on the toilet and is set off when they get up. Lethal Weapon style.
The sudden requirement to use the bathroom reminds us that it's impossible to poop.

#bringbackpoo2015

I'm kidding of course.

Unless it's a super-secret chem.