Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hypothetically speaking, what would happen if farts were removed?
i dunno but we'd get several essay posts about the direction this game is going and why coders just don't, like, get the players, man. also noah would swear a lot again.
(05-11-2017, 08:20 AM)Wire Wrote: i dunno but we'd get several essay posts about the direction this game is going and why coders just don't, like, get the players, man. also noah would swear a lot again.

Wrong thread Wire.

EDIT: It's passive aggressive post like that from coders that make me think this.

(05-05-2017, 11:21 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: Also not to be rude and I'm sorry in advance if it is rude but I need to say this, but admins/coders today come off like they always dismiss our viewpoints or just flat out don't listen.

Why half of the community thinks the way they do about some coders now

We've been kept in the dark about big changes for years now.

Changes that the Majority of the community is shown to hate take ages to either get removed or changed to be better.

Players take a backseat to what the Administrators feel/want. This is not a bad thing it there was a balance between the two but recent changes and the reaction from admins have seem to be "Fuck em we like it so it's staying/We don't like it so it's never being added" This was said in the pull nerf thread that too many Admins back the idea so it was staying despite what the Majority wanted. Which supports what I say that the community wants take a backseat to what the Admins want. Again this would not be bad if their was a balance but there is none anymore. Coders just code what they want now and all the good ideas from users never get used now and then make snarky remarks to the playerbase whenever they voice their thoughts on what seems to be non-issues for some Admins/coders.

Those are just some examples. I'm sure some can come up with more. I would continue but I feel it will just be ignored anyways.

You treat you're players like this long enough and they start voicing their thoughts on it. You keep treating them like this and they are bound to leave. Which it seems some are already doing if you look at today.

Lack of new Content and being treated like they don't even matter is the reason why some think the server is dying.

RIP Joke thread about farts.

EDIT: Shortly after making this post I had a long talk with Wire over the issues many players have with Goonstation for almost a hour in the IRC today. It was really insightful and I feel like we both understand each other better now. I'm sorry for the post I made but it was just a retelling of what I've seen this year alone from both the community and the administration. There's been alot of frustration I feel is building in this community and I hope it all gets addressed soon. This or any of my other posts on this subject was not meant to come off as a "Us vs Them" topic and I'm sorry if I did the opposite of that. Also sorry to Wire for taking that post as a insult I thought it was a jab to people in the community who have voiced their frustrations as of late. I was wrong to think that and I'm sorry.
I'm getting really tired of all this hand wringing
Jeez people, this was meant to be a dumb little what-if type thread. I didn't think it'd start yet another coders vs commoners debate.  Astonished stare
lol no wonder this community is dying.
(05-11-2017, 10:34 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Jeez people, this was meant to be a dumb little what-if type thread. I didn't think it'd start yet another coders vs commoners debate.  Astonished stare

seize the means of code
I'd have to kick people after I slip them instead of just farting in their face in order to assert dominance, which would probably escalate horrendously and mean I die a lot more.

(05-11-2017, 09:35 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: <off-topic rant>
Go hug your pet or take a walk or something. Lotta pent up frustration in there, bud, if you react so vehemently to a sarcastic off-hand comment.
Just to nip this in the bud: Ed and I discussed our differences privately and I'm happy to say it's all cool.
Argh! DOWN WITH THE CODER BOURGEOISIE! OPEN SOURCE NOW! Grimm and frostbitten
(05-11-2017, 11:34 AM)Wire Wrote: Just to nip this in the bud: Ed and I discussed our differences privately and I'm happy to say it's all cool.

I also added on EDIT: comment at the bottom of my post around the same time you posted this.
(05-11-2017, 09:35 AM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 08:20 AM)Wire Wrote: Makes joke.
Does not get joke.

Hahaha. I had a good laugh when I scrolled down and the first response was another essay.

PS: Can we get past this nonsense in general and stop saying majority of people wanted something? Opinions varied and were across the board. People only have two hands and limited time. Let's all enjoy farting on each other before our butts get blasted off.
Props to Ed and Wire for handling that on their own.
Farts to anyone who beats a dead horse.
(05-12-2017, 03:57 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Props to Ed and Wire for handling that on their own.
Farts to on anyone who beats a dead horse.

I fixed that for you.
I probably wouldn't notice until the outrage gets posted.

I think a bunch of people would probably be angry, but then eventually people would probably get used to it.

RIP POO