Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Hydrophonics] Revive people by growing Replicants
(07-31-2016, 09:20 AM)Fonduede Wrote:
(07-31-2016, 07:44 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I love the sprites.

It looks like you creatively repurposed some pre-existing sprites to use as a base.

Did you use part of the PTL for the matter resevoir? It's a nice but subtle touch.

About half right, I did use some existing sprites to try to match the SS13 look! The biggest unchanged parts are the screen and tray, which are the Reagent Extractor and the original Hydro tray. I then brought in a sleeper, clone pod, and a water tank for reference on color and shading. The tank, screen graphics, support rod, replicator hood, replicator pod and about 30% of the hydro tray were all made from scratch using that reference. I also heavily modified the shadowy figure on the inside of the clone pod to get the one that is floating inside the replicant pod.

Well dang that's some impressive ingenuity.
Getting grown in hydroponics makes you a vegan a trait which makes you throw up when you eat meat and scream IM A VEGAN every minute
No you say "im vegan"
[Image: vegan-label.png]
(07-31-2016, 01:18 PM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: Getting grown in hydroponics makes you a vegan a trait which makes you throw up when you eat meat and scream IM A VEGAN every minute

i want this if only so i can be a plant person that screeches at everyone about my SUPERIOR VEGAN DIET!!!
Does that mean that eating plants would make them cannibals?

If they ate human meat, would they be humanitarians?
while were growing ppl and ppl parts, can you grow synthbloodbags full of synthblood yet

of course it is unappetizing for vampire
(07-31-2016, 10:26 PM)misto Wrote: while were growing ppl and ppl parts, can you grow synthbloodbags full of synthblood yet

of course it is unappetizing for vampire

Grow watermelon with blood in the tray or spliced into the seeds -> Bloodermelon.
(07-31-2016, 10:00 PM)Fonduede Wrote: Does that mean that eating plants would make them cannibals?

If they ate human meat, would they be humanitarians?

No it's like when humans eat meat they don't eat human meat, plants don't eat their own kind.
So this basically means carnivorous plant people
(08-04-2016, 03:12 AM)poland spring Wrote: So this basically means carnivorous plant people

Sort of like the Floran race from Starbround?

[Image: RSmRy.gif]
Took a few minutes and did a little prototype of what a Replicant might look like.

[Image: eXgKgnj.png]

I figured they'd probably be pretty skinny and twiggy (hoho) compared to the tender, delicious meat races. I dunno if I should to make a female/fat sprite for them as well? It makes more sense to me for them to be genderless looking, but I can easily whip up two more sets of sprites if I need to.

And since it was mentioned earlier in the thread, I also whipped up a bloodermelon/bloodbag plant.

[Image: LuOAeZw.png]

I could possibly animate the fruits wiggling or dripping, if you guys like them.
(08-05-2016, 02:09 PM)Fonduede Wrote: Took a few minutes and did a little prototype of what a Replicant might look like.

I figured they'd probably be pretty skinny and twiggy (hoho) compared to the tender, delicious meat races. I dunno if I should to make a female/fat sprite for them as well? It makes more sense to me for them to be genderless looking, but I can easily whip up two more sets of sprites if I need to.

And since it was mentioned earlier in the thread, I also whipped up a bloodermelon/bloodbag plant.

I could possibly animate the fruits wiggling or dripping, if you guys like them.

I don't think you need lying down sprites anymore.
(08-05-2016, 02:13 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 02:09 PM)Fonduede Wrote: Took a few minutes and did a little prototype of what a Replicant might look like.

I don't think you need lying down sprites anymore.

Oh. Well, all I did was rotate it 90 degrees anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i can already tell that replicants will be to the goon player base what lizards are to the tg playerbase