Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Beginning Security Popup.
vampirate Wrote:I'd think some suggested punishments would be reasonable. You don't want people getting two minute brig sentences and their backpacks stripped for dumping paint on someone or something like that

Now this I don't agree with.

Waffles64 Wrote:It wouldn't hurt but I feel the thing with security is, there isn't really any rules set in place. It's up to the police/crew to decide what justice is, and I kind of like that.

Like I said before it's up to the officer how he deals with crime and punishment and if you think he goes too far

If your reasoning for wanting their to be a punishment guide because of what happen to you a month ago. You need to remember that you completely overreacted, the story you gave in your ban was not the whole truth from what the admins said in your ban and in IRC you did not give the whole story on it. I only say this cause when your ban first happen in IRC I asked if I could post in your band saying that if you were telling the truth how it happen then I wanted to say you were in the right for killing those officers, I was quickly shot down and made fun of by a admin in there. Because I did not have the whole story and it was later shown you did not tell the whole truth about what happen

Plus like I said the wiki gives guidelines on these things and if they want that extra info they will have to put in the little effort to go to the wiki. If this idea is your excuse to try and justify some sort of space law then I have to object.

Quote:Use common sense, if it is a crime in life then it's a crime in this video game. Examples of crimes would include breaking and entering, assault, theft, etc. Use your best judgement when arresting criminals and don't get discouraged if they whine (or imply that you're breaking the rules, as the case may be).
The whole point of this thing is that most newbies don't read the wiki, and this gives them information right away that they might not get for a long while otherwise.
Quote:Like I said before it's up to the officer how he deals with crime and punishment and if you think he goes too far then adminhelp it. Regardless if you think admins will do anything always adminhelp shit security. There is a big red warning on the wiki saying security is under close watch by the admins during rounds and that is the truth and maybe this warning should be included in the pop-up. Dealing with shit security as a HoS I would adminhelp them as I was taking care of them myself and admins would deal with him after I demotted them etc etc

It's one thing to tell someone how not to be shit and then tell them how to play their job, That's why the closest thing we have to space laws is the "how to deal with threats" on the security page.
vampirate Wrote:The whole point of this thing is that most newbies don't read the wiki, and this gives them information right away that they might not get for a long while otherwise.

Just because some people don't read the wiki is not a good enough excuse to me to add punishment guides AKA space laws. New players should not even being playing security with they first play.
Also since you been gone they put a button on the UI that takes you right to the wiki. So if they look around the UI they will see the wiki tab
vampirate Wrote:You don't want people getting two minute brig sentences and their backpacks stripped for dumping paint on someone or something like that
See, I also don't entirely agree with this either. I think if you're pulling shenanigans around the station and harassing the crew, the sec has a right to detain you.

The security's job shouldn't be all about babysittying the crew. That's no fun. They got the right to 'play' too. I mean it's their job to deal with traitors and keep the piece and all, but if nothing is going on during a round, I don't see any harm if the security decides to just stop some pie-throwing clowns around the station, or a janitor who forgot to put up wet-floor signs one-too-many times.

To me, the point which you're "skilled" enough to play as the security, you no longer need a "DOES AND DON'TS". You already know how the station works and how the crew generally does things.

I just have one DON'T rule. DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE.
I don't think people should play security until they've
Read the wiki
Learned goonstation
Reread the wiki
Learned byond
Read the wiki front to back
Become good in a different field
Read the wiki back to font
Be at least slightly robust
Memorized the wiki

I'm trying out the detective because i wanna see what security is like without being a burden on the station
If Security was supposed to be a skilled position, it would be application only. Scrub Security is fine.
Grek Wrote:If Security was supposed to be a skilled position, it would be application only. Scrub Security is fine.

This is debatable but regardless if they are new or not truly shit security gets weeded out fast.
I don't mean security that acts like hitler. That's obviously no good. But sec officers who are bad at their jobs (unable to catch criminals, haven't learned how to set people to arrest yet, stun themselves with their own baton) are fun.
Grek Wrote:I don't mean security that acts like hitler. That's obviously no good. But sec officers who are bad at their jobs (unable to catch criminals, haven't learned how to set people to arrest yet, stun themselves with their own baton) are fun.

I agree, they remind me of myself when I was a wee old security officer with no clue what to do, Those kind of players tend to ask other officers for advice on how to do things.
Didn't really read the thread, just the OP
I'd like this, but on the condition: 1. Keep it short and sweet. Literally 4-5 sentences. The big red box on the wiki (now big green box?) should suffice. 2. Just link to the wiki, giving a solid reason for doing so.
Quote:You are a Security Officer!

[Image: Jobsec.png]

Your job is to keep the station, and its crew, safe.

* Your PDA comes with a ticketing app for minor crimes.
* Your stun baton and taser are a short- and long-ranged stun weapon, respectively.
* You can restrain someone by using a pair of handcuffs on them.
* The brig in your department can be used to jail crimers for their crimes.

Communication is key! Talk to your fellow officers by starting messages with :h.

For full details, see the wiki. Not reading this is no excuse!

Ugh, that button...
Zamujasa Wrote:

* Your stun baton and taser are a short- and long-ranged stun weapon, respectively.

Communication is key! Talk to your fellow officers by starting messages with :h.

Ugh, that button...

This is perfect. It's simple and answers the common questions new people to security typically ask.
Zamujasa Wrote:

Ugh, that button...

I agree this is perfect. Great job man

wget and emailed