Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Un-nerf 12gauge AEX
Honestly, I'm glad all of this is extremely expensive for so few quantities of stuff.

There was a time where, every 2 or 3 rounds, the station would either be a completely depressurized no man's land because of an arty pod OR you would have a cloaking nerd with a backpack full of boxes full of AEX shells that would just go around and blow everyone up because he managed to get his hands on a riot shotgun and loads of money.
There was never a time like that. Arty pod and AEX shotgun rampages have always been the exception, rather than the rule.

Also not everyone can get a riot shotgun, and you can't afford both a spacker box and a cloak these days anyways.
In my experience, I've only ever used the these once, when I got traitor bartender. Saved up money through the slot machine, got an agent card, and bought a couple of items at the vendor.

During that round, I personally got more use out of the cloaker that randomizes your identity and a voice changer, but I did use the AEX to take out my target and the cloner to make sure they were down for good, which I think is ideally how the shells should be. Something you save for a special situation.

I dunno. What if guns had a chance to blow out their barrels after a certain amount of AEX ammo is shot through it? Say, a 5% chance after the 4th shot, with each successive shot increasing it another 5%?
Berrik Wrote:There was never a time like that. Arty pod and AEX shotgun rampages have always been the exception, rather than the rule.

Also not everyone can get a riot shotgun, and you can't afford both a spacker box and a cloak these days anyways.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4091

It was at least three times a day every day, always within the first ten minutes of the round, and there was literally no defense against it. If one person could pull that off with regularity I don't think it should be rebuffed given how many more ways there are of making mad bank now.
Also I get rewarding people who earn it legitimately, but there's very little challenge to the common methods of money-farming, X-drone aside. It almost always involves holing up in an area unlikely to be disturbed and repeating this one activity over and over, then buying your loot and bombarding the station from afar, all without coming face to face with any other player throughout the entire round. I especially like how you listed 'stealing the station budget' as a challenge, a task that the Captain and HOP can accomplish within seconds of roundstart with no easy detection method, defense against, or method of recovering the cash once detected.

Also given the number of players who outright state they would use any and every means at their disposal to scour the station every antag round they get, I doubt it would be as much of a rarity as the naysayers claim it was or would be.
Personally, I'm less salty about the AEX ammo than I am about the the 40mm shells. At 100k for 2 shells, that's 50 grand for a bomb that's weaker than your typical pipebomb and that can only be used with a special launcher or very expensive pod system. I stand by my suggestion that they should be tremendously stronger to compensate for the cost and lack of flexibility.
According to that other thread I agree completely with this

BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Mofleaker Wrote:If it's supposedly only one person running it into the ground, they're the problem.
This. Don't ask for something to be nerfed just because one person in particular is being a dick and abusing the crap out of it, that just unfairly limits most everyone else who would use their explosive rounds with less frequency. I've actually never seen anyone use explosive shotgun rounds in my life and they're a bitch and a half to get anyways, so I don't think that nerfing them is really necessary.

Don't change the item change the player. If someone is causing problems then maybe an admin should discuss this with them.
The thread was just to show there was a point where it was the rule rather than the exception, and given the number of people who have stated their intention to use it in his thread I'm not certain it would be as much of a rarity as claimed. Also no, there was nothing especially fun or interesting about it on either end and that doesn't change regardless of who the player is.