Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's think of new traitor objectives here!
This would require making some gear, but sabotaging the communication relay so a syndi-shuttle (filled with drones or something) is called instead of the escape shuttle.
RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote:This would require making some gear, but sabotaging the communication relay so a syndi-shuttle (filled with drones or something) is called instead of the escape shuttle.

I really like this idea.
Ed Venture Wrote:
RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote:This would require making some gear, but sabotaging the communication relay so a syndi-shuttle (filled with drones or something) is called instead of the escape shuttle.

I really like this idea.

I agree, this would be a traitor gimmick most people would aim for anyway because if you did it right no one would probably notice until it was too late. And that's when the spacebears/drones/death attacks the crew at it's worst. Also at least one traitor using this to screw up another traitor's escape the shuttle alone objectives (although I guess technically it could be possible to escape via syndie shuttle)

If you are noticed, you'll have people screaming "NO DON'T CALL THE SHUTTLE THE ARRAY'S BEEN SABOTAGED".
The only issue I have with that idea is that it may prolong rounds
Kill every other antagonist. HARD
I strongly recommend traitor roboticists have objectives to fuck with Genetics, and vice-versa.
Ed Venture Wrote:The only issue I have with that idea is that it may prolong rounds

Since when is this an issue?
Since always, Most of the people here don't like 70+ min rounds
Since the syndi-shuttle would be kind of a huge payoff there needs to be a good deal of risk and investment that goes into setting it up. I don't feel that it should require any traitor items to pull it off though having some would absolutely make it a lot easier. It should require at the very least making some sort of complex gadget from bits and pieces laying about the station that needs to be slapped into either the dish itself or the communications computer.

It'd also be cool if there were other extensive sabotage objectives that produce just as dramatic results.

Ed Venture Wrote:Since always, Most of the people here don't like 70+ min rounds
Then clearly the syndi-shuttle should make the round end 10 minutes after it's arrived.
Ed Venture Wrote:Since always, Most of the people here don't like 70+ min rounds
The main reason people don't like longer rounds is because so many people die in explosions and murder rampages. it used to be less like this. admins/coders have stated they'd prefer if the server had more subterfuge and stealthy traitor gameplay. this would make rounds last longer,yet be fun throughout. people seem to not realise this.
Frank_Stein Wrote:"Make sure the clown escapes on the shuttle alive."
I like the idea of "keep x alive" objectives. maybe it could go along the lines of "make sure x is alive and doesn't escape on the shuttle at the end of the round"
the makes sense in a backstory way too. basically meaning that your mission is to keep the crewmember from escaping so when the station is evacuated, a syndicate squad can come collect prisoners from the abandoned station.
salix_catus Wrote:
I like the idea of "keep x alive" objectives. maybe it could go along the lines of "make sure x is alive and doesn't escape on the shuttle at the end of the round"
the makes sense in a backstory way too. basically meaning that your mission is to keep the crewmember from escaping so when the station is evacuated, a syndicate squad can come collect prisoners from the abandoned station.

How about when someone gets the make sure so and so escapes alive an another person gets- Make sure SO and so is dead by the end of the round. Reports say he is being guarded by a turncoat

That way both people know another traitor is after the dude so they fight over him as the person in question freaks out because people are fighting over him

UrsulaMejor Wrote:a few of those suggestions seem boring, and one extremely difficult without secret knowledge.

as a general rule, I don't think traitor objectives should require leaving the station(except on the escape shuttle)

I think it might be cool if certain traitor objectives came with objective-related items you summon with your pda one time for free

such as: "plant this transmitter under the captain's bonsai tree before the x minute mark for a tactical strike"

and then at x minutes the syndicates launch a missile at that location.

or "place ten brains in this knowledge acquisition blender and escape with it on centcom" and the blender tells you the contents of their notes (like their pin) as a bonus

I REALLY like the idea of special stuff happening when you complete your objectives specially objectives that give you free traitor items like a mind blender or transmiter
pizzatiger Wrote:
salix_catus Wrote:

How about when someone gets the make sure so and so escapes alive an another person gets- Make sure SO and so is dead by the end of the round. Reports say he is being guarded by a turncoat

That way both people know another traitor is after the dude so they fight over him as the person in question freaks out because people are fighting over him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKJGccSHas8
darn it, forgot
salix_catus Wrote:darn it, forgot

I never seen this scene before but that's basicly what i was thinking of, Replace the boy with an assistant and the cop as an security officer and you get my dream