Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make all handheld electronic items cell powered
KikiMofo Wrote:
david2222121 Wrote:What if you make it like how stun gloves are? You recharge them by whacking them with a power cell; so what if you do the same for your tasers, phasers, and eguns? Heck, right now when you examine them, they say stuff like: "This is a taser! It has 200/200 PUs! Each shot takes 50 PUs."

So in other words, everytime you recharge your taser, it would take that much power from the cell. The consumption could be tweaked so that its not like a 15k cell will last you an entire round, too.
I like this idea but I can see people keeping a back pack full of power cells and spamming the shit out of the Amp vuvuzela, or Eguns. I love shoot outs but when I'm in a shoot out I try to count how many shots they are taking so I know when they can't shoot back.
Require using a screwdriver to undo the battery cover, then click it with an empty hand to remove/reinsert. Items can't be used unless the cover is on. Easy.
Zamujasa Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:
david2222121 Wrote:What if you make it like how stun gloves are? You recharge them by whacking them with a power cell; so what if you do the same for your tasers, phasers, and eguns? Heck, right now when you examine them, they say stuff like: "This is a taser! It has 200/200 PUs! Each shot takes 50 PUs."

So in other words, everytime you recharge your taser, it would take that much power from the cell. The consumption could be tweaked so that its not like a 15k cell will last you an entire round, too.
I like this idea but I can see people keeping a back pack full of power cells and spamming the shit out of the Amp vuvuzela, or Eguns. I love shoot outs but when I'm in a shoot out I try to count how many shots they are taking so I know when they can't shoot back.
Require using a screwdriver to undo the battery cover, then click it with an empty hand to remove/reinsert. Items can't be used unless the cover is on. Easy.

I was thinking for guns it should work as normal; where when the gun's dead, you just gotta recharge it from the static rechargers.
The batterys would simply work in increasing the PU's, so for example a larger battery in a taser would have 6 shots instead of 4. Small increments like that. I don't like the idea of reloading stun weaponry, it feels very.. chump-ish. Work with what you have.

Everything that didn't require batteries before could be replaced, like t-ray scanners, flashlights, etc, easily. No need for screwdrivers.
I really don't like the idea of giving every single electronic item on the station a finite power reserve. Are doctors loaded to the gills with medicine going to have to carry around spare power cells for their hypospray, health analyzer, PDA, and Port-A-Medbay remote? Are engineers going on station repair jobs going to have to change the batteries on their flashlights and magnetic boots? It seems like an awful lot of trouble as a side effect of an idea that looks like it's intended solely to buff stunners and energy guns by making them more powerful and allowing people to reload them on the fly. It just seems like a massive pain in the ass for people who aren't sec or traitors, thought up solely to buff sec and traitors. It'd also make stuff a lot more complicated for the jobs that already work with power cells, partially because it'd require the station to be filled with all different sizes of power cells instead of just one, and partially because people will loot the highest-capacity power cells from whichever departments actually use them in order to save themselves the trouble of dealing with chargers and battery replacements.