Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.08 Average
[CLOSED PR] Allows Unconcious People to Hear Speech
Don‘t like this at all, for all the reasons that have already been mentioned. The small text snippets are a neat idea, but I think they should only occur when the effect is short (5 seconds before waking up), if what I mean is understandable
Love the idea of being able to hear snippets and unknown voices. I support this in that form.
(05-01-2024, 02:44 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: i maintain i don't like it simply because you're unconscious. you are not awake. you are not aware of what is going on.

we have other statuses for blind, stunned, downed, etc. what would the meaningful difference between blind/stunned and knocked out be?

Hit the nail on the head there. You shouldn't be able to hear stuff when unconscious.

I'm okay with like a tiny bit of info getting through, like a snippet of a conversation heard through a haze, unconsciously picked up. But actually being able listen in on whole conversations completely normally? Doesn't make sense at all to me.

It's a critical part of game balance to be honest. You can go 'that's meta knowledge' as much as you like, but not everyone plays on RP.
Agree with the above, this is a game about limited information and letting people hear everything while knocked out doesn't make sense from either a game design or realism perspective.
Might be a good wat to indicate that you're starting to wake up, being able to hear those little snippets as you're getting closer to gaining consciousness
Not a fan. You're unconscious, why would you hear? I'd say add this if, say, it was VERY jumbled, to the point you can only piece together very choice words.
Not a fan. If you are KOed you are out and maybe this will teach you not to get KOed anymore.
I would though change how sleeper pods work and make it so you aren't actually asleep in them for them to work maybe.