Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alien Pod
Sundance Wrote:oh boy, 10 posts, and nothing about the original idea. A sad fate.

To reiterate: really what I wanted is an alien pod to add a bit of variation in pod fights. Miniputts do, but not alot. The 3x2 omega drone (sp?) is another, but that's not there. Having a totally different looking pod with totally different technology would be cool. That require someone to sprite it, luckily I had that covered.
That and there really isn't many things like this in-game, particularly alien. Other servers have xenomorphs, we have martians. We should expand on this.
Well, I support the idea of a martian pod. My only critique is that, instead of being hit with Cyanide, it should instead be some sort of hard hitting acid that melts your headwear/facewear/face.
What if, instead of a Martian Pod, instead there's some kind of creepy alien crate with Strange Seeds in it? The seeds grow alien pod parts, so you've gotta convince botany to go along with your plan, or hide out on the Russian shuttle.

That way, not only do you get all the pieces needed to make a pod as a reward for the martian shuttle, you can also make buying strange seeds from traders a more exciting proposition, and add in an entire new class of pods that get to use your lovingly-crafted sprites.

Mainly, though, I just want to see somebody splice a Weaponry Seed with a carrot seed, and rain orange missiles of death upon the station. v
Chike101 Wrote:Well, I support the idea of a martian pod. My only critique is that, instead of being hit with Cyanide, it should instead be some sort of hard hitting acid that melts your headwear/facewear/face.
That could work well. It doesn't have to be an acid as such, but it could have the effect that sulfuric acid does, which has a 75% of melting someone's face. Instead, perhaps lower it to 50% so it's not totally going to fuck the jetpack fighter, but one fighting the pod would be wary.

Captain_Bravo Wrote:stuff
While your idea is neat, that would require a buttload of coding. Remember: More coding = less likely to implement.
Sundance Wrote:While your idea is neat, that would require a buttload of coding. Remember: More coding = less likely to implement.

[Image: MEGOTOOFAR_zpsdd2ba6a6.jpg]

GONK ME GRASP EXCEED GRASP!ME GO TOO FAR! GONK
heh.
That's not to say I don't like your idea. I do like it, it fits in nicely, and the organic side of things would go well with botany and martian, and botany totally needs more funky alien plants, especially if those funky alien plants can be used to make pods.
But that would require spriting those funky plants and its produce, coding those funky plants, on-top of coding the funky pod.
Baby steps bravo, baby steps. Pod first, then later a method of making more.
Neat, reminds me of the Many from System Shock.
Alien UFO attacks should totally be a thing.
I feel like we should be able to inject a alien space ship with reagents and see what happens.

"The Space ship roars, as if it's biological engine just got supercharged"
atomic1fire Wrote:I feel like we should be able to inject a alien space ship with reagents and see what happens.

Could be interesting. Maybe have it react to certain drugs like human mobs, amphetamine-style (meth, coffee, tobacco) drugs makes it move faster, while alcohol makes it vomit and throw better punches (read: fire stronger), etc.
Sundance Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:I feel like we should be able to inject a alien space ship with reagents and see what happens.

Could be interesting. Maybe have it react to certain drugs like human mobs, amphetamine-style (meth, coffee, tobacco) drugs makes it move faster, while alcohol makes it vomit and throw better punches (read: fire stronger), etc.

Captain The Space Ship fires off a mighty broadside!
Spy_Guy Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:

Captain The Space Ship fires off a mighty broadside!
ARR THAT BE THE STUFF
Hmm, I wonder if there will be the other artifact type pods. That would be neat.
So, maybe a Wizard pod?
Amuayse Wrote:So, maybe a Wizard pod?

Well that could make sense if the back room of the den was transformed into a hangar with a miniputt or two. The den and station ARE on the same Z-level so i'm down with this.
Funny you should mention that, I already have a Ancient Robot artifact that acts like a pod (but only borgs can board it) half sprited, so there we have it.

I suppose a wizard mini-putt would be cool, maybe make it look artifacty, and have 3 pods skin variations, red, blue, and black.