Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give some ideas for gimmick rounds
Dauntasa Wrote:
Dabir Wrote:I think you mean pain gets wasps. Bees just sit around being cute, not so threatening.
the new bees do

old space bees were(I think they still exist in like the biodome or something) nightmarish creatures

they'd sting you once and die. but once was all it took considering I think their venom was actually neurotoxin

All bees are adorable. There are no mean bees on the Biodome or elsewhere. There are wasps on the Biodome, though!
Make the crew play a game of Jumanji. 4 or 5 people play while shit happens around the station.
Could be fun.
Kaet Wrote:Make the crew play a game of Jumanji. 4 or 5 people play while shit happens around the station.
Could be fun.

This is a dusty old board game. Well, at least it isn't Syndicates and Stations!
Alarms blare and echo across the empty halls, and all radios blurt white noise into the crews ears briefly before a robotic voice coldly states,

"Reports of a small vessel on impact trajectory. Scans show one life form on-board, prepare for impact."

Take one dude and fill him with stimulants and speed, give him a strong but not too strong melee weapon, preferably throwable. Give him a cool outfit. Spawn weaponry in key areas, and announce it over a centcom announcement but stagger it so the 'raid boss' has a chance to cut off supplies, but not so completely as to keep everyone weaponless. Occasionally respawn people and add flavor text like "Sending reinforcements." Play dark and foreboding midi files until the boss is dead. Manually explode pods with artillery shells. ( hell yeah man )

I've been a 'raid boss' before and damn it's fun. As far as I can tell it was fun for the people getting murdered too.
Suddenly, everyone are clowns on the ice moon
TETRIS! THE STATION IS SLOWLY BEING FILLED WALLS OF DIFFRENT SHAPES AND SIZES! TRY NOT TO GET GIBBED! REMEMBER! DYING IS .:Fun!:.
LeoCooper Wrote:Suddenly, everyone are clowns on the ice moon

Just strand everyone on the more habitable derelicts/telesci areas. Watch the chaos as 30 spacemen try to move around on the Solarium station.
another hopefully not shit] idea!

The Ceontcomm's long range scanners detect some sort of rift heading for (put some sort of area that is still used but not often, like botany.) and the crew has 5-10 minutes to prepare for hell. the area it impacts explodes and starts infecting the station with void, spawning in almost every terrible monster imaginable on the void tiles. the crew cannot call the shuttle until the void has taken over most of the station / everyone is dead and the round is getting stale so the admins call it anyways. the crew that survive the longest] get a prize!
Station relocation:

Crew has been given orders to relocate operations to a new location. Say, lava moon or Ice moon or the old Russian station from way back when. Give the crew a time limit of about 30 or 40 minutes to get shit together to evacuate the station to the new location. That means, scan the genetics computers to have them set up, get a generator to power the station (a discussion of revamping the experimental generator is up right now), relocate the AI core (which may need a discussion of being able to hook the AI up to an all new camera system when the core is moved), and various other things

I would say that there should be traitors that try to hinder this, but all that would boil down to is some asshole bombing telescience at round start. So maybe the reason the station must be relocated is a massive meteor storm en route, or a martian strike team is coming to take over the station. Something that is going wreck the station beyond the point of being livable.
Lavastage Wrote:another hopefully not shit] idea!

The Ceontcomm's long range scanners detect some sort of rift heading for (put some sort of area that is still used but not often, like botany.) and the crew has 5-10 minutes to prepare for hell. the area it impacts explodes and starts infecting the station with void, spawning in almost every terrible monster imaginable on the void tiles. the crew cannot call the shuttle until the void has taken over most of the station / everyone is dead and the round is getting stale so the admins call it anyways. the crew that survive the longest] get a prize!
I remember we once had an admin gimmick like that where creepy void monsters started spilling out. It was fun and I'd like to see that again.
KikiMofo Wrote:
Lavastage Wrote:another hopefully not shit] idea!

I remember we once had an admin gimmick like that where creepy void monsters started spilling out. It was fun and I'd like to see that again.

Oh man. I remember that. That round was some of the most fun ive ever had in this game. Make this a rare part of the rotation and id be all for this.
LeoCooper Wrote:TETRIS! THE STATION IS SLOWLY BEING FILLED WALLS OF DIFFRENT SHAPES AND SIZES! TRY NOT TO GET GIBBED! REMEMBER! DYING IS .:Fun!:.
That reminds me, I once had a little gimmick idea where asteroids would start coming in from all angles, but they were all tetris blocks, destroying walls until the asteroid itself is destroyed, leaving behind a cluster of walls that the meteor resembled. though this will take a chunk of coding I think this would be pretty fun.
Some sort of dumb Space Olympics/Science Fair/Game Show would be neat as fuck.
Also, I once came up with the idea of a dude being an actual ~Spy~ using everyday objects (crowbars, fire extinguishers, pens, shoes, etc.) as ~Gadgets~ (shoes have extendable blades which makes kicking extra super lethal, crowbars are an extendable martial staff, fire extinguisher is a bomb, etc. (I.E. reskin shit)) and he has to be an ~Actual Spy~ and shit to complete his objectives. Crew knows there's a spy about, and security can't just search everyone they come across for contraband because the contraband is disguised as normal objects everyone has. Should have an insane objective (Kill the Command Staff, Steal the Budget, Remove (department) from the Map) and it sounds like fun.

Key Points: Singular Spy uses Gadgets disguised as Normal Shit to complete Hard Objectives.
Kaet Wrote:Make the crew play a game of Jumanji. 4 or 5 people play while shit happens around the station.
Could be fun.
giving some crew a DnD kit like in the chapel and taking away their radios so they don't know whats going on outside could lead to a fun game/monster attack for everyone else
I am back with more gimmicks!
Gimmick 1.11: Aliens are attacking! Nanotrasion has sent a giant cannon and a crate of beans to the station. The weapon is powered by farts, the one thing that can kill these aliens. The crew is tasked with farting as many times as possible by the cannon to power it up. If they fail, the fart gas is released from the cannon and kills them all.

Gimmick 2.22: A time rift sucks the station into the past. The station is informed that they are all drafted to fight in space 'nam and are immediately teleported to Military Outpost 13. The crew is given weapons and is tasked with finding a space soviet super weapon named t.i.m.e. m.a.c.h.i.n.c.e. and killing every commie in their way.

Gimmick 3: The crew is given a giant fighting robot named Carl from a strange alien race. They also inform the crew that a drone named S.h.e.e.n. is going to be attacking the station in 30 minutes, and give up their captian "Jimmy" to help train 5 members of the crew to simultaneously pilot Carl.