Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traitors + Miscreants.
The point is, the traitor rates have crawled back to a boring low again.
hatmadder Wrote:I like the idea, but wouldn't the inherent game lag make it to where the person being held up will just take off running before the hostage taker can get a shot off?
With the system Bay has, you fire automatically if they do something you haven't allowed (by clicking a button) yet. It works, trust me.

The only flaw is if someone innocent/allied gets thrown inbetween you and the hostage. Oh god.
hatmadder Wrote:I would like to see a mild increase in traitor numbers, and maybe have late joins again. The hostage thing also sounds really awesome, but, if you take someone hostage, there is a good chance that no one but the AI will care. I mean, if security plays along it would be fine, but there are some rounds where either security dosnt do their job, or just isn't there.

I have done hostage taking a few times and generally this is what happens. Part of the problem is there isn't much to barter for besides cash..
The problem with miscreants is that the objectives get really old really fast. Kidnapping all the sunglasses might've been fun once, but after even a week or two it gets stale. Probably due to the gimmicky nature inherent to them. Chaplin's cults are fun once in a blue moon, but having one every third round gets boring. There needs to be a much, much longer list of possibilities so that the gimmicks get deverisified enough to stay interesting. Maybe miscreants would be more likely to do them if they'd never seen the objective before.
Archenteron Wrote:nonharmful

spraybottles of lube

Haha, yeah, one of the deadliest substances on the station is "nonharmful"
The point of miscreants is give someone a RP objective that isn't totally traitory but can be made fun by the player.

Giving them traitor items doesn't make miscreants any more fun.

I like the idea of continual objectives for traitors.

Also give traitors more stuff to steal/ destroy

e.g Objective: Wipe security/medical/research's records clean.

Blowing up those rooms could be one option, but so could getting a head ID, walking in, and pressing "Delete everything".

Actually an emag could probably add a delete everything option if it doesn't already exist.

Also maybe add a broken self destruct button that an enterprising traitor could bring back online. Nuke Operatives could try to turn it on and then steal the nuke disk for double jeopardy.
mozi Wrote:
hatmadder Wrote:I would like to see a mild increase in traitor numbers, and maybe have late joins again. The hostage thing also sounds really awesome, but, if you take someone hostage, there is a good chance that no one but the AI will care. I mean, if security plays along it would be fine, but there are some rounds where either security dosnt do their job, or just isn't there.

I have done hostage taking a few times and generally this is what happens. Part of the problem is there isn't much to barter for besides cash..[quote]

I was thinking, you know, demand a pod, but again, if you want a pod, just break into mining or something and build one. The only podbay worth breaking into and security actually caring is the HoS pod bay. And even then, they will probably still give little more than two shits, if that.

The only time I've seen a hostage situation work was in a Plumphelmetpunk video back from mushroom station. He took the amusing duck hostage and threatend the station with a singularity bomb.
atomic1fire Wrote:The point of miscreants is give someone a RP objective that isn't totally traitory but can be made fun by the player.

Giving them traitor items doesn't make miscreants any more fun.

I like the idea of continual objectives for traitors.

Also give traitors more stuff to steal/ destroy

e.g Objective: Wipe security/medical/research's records clean.

Blowing up those rooms could be one option, but so could getting a head ID, walking in, and pressing "Delete everything".

Actually an emag could probably add a delete everything option if it doesn't already exist.

Also maybe add a broken self destruct button that an enterprising traitor could bring back online. Nuke Operatives could try to turn it on and then steal the nuke disk for double jeopardy.

What about job specific objectives? Like for roboticist, start a robo-revolution. Engineers set the engine on fire and destroy it. Something like that.
"
hatmadder Wrote:What about job specific objectives? Like for roboticist, start a robo-revolution. Engineers set the engine on fire and destroy it. Something like that.

Yeah that sounds good.

Bonus Objectives (Which play exactly like Miscreant objectives, except more traitory) could be cool if they don't already exist.

e.g
Bonus Objective: Start a hostage situation (as a complement to "steal 5000 credits")
Bonus Objective: Be Silent but deadly (as a complement objective to "Kill this person")
Bonus Objective: Frame somebody for your crimes (this one could especially be good to watch)
Bonus Objective: Shoot first, ask questions later.
Bonus Objective: Become the station's Most Wanted.

etc
For once I completely agree with Clarks
Clarks Wrote:Restore "die a glorious death" as an objective.
100% supporting this.
Glorious Death returns.

Set off the Self-Destruct Nuke also returns.

get in not go out
Shoddy Wrote:I have an idea, why not give traitors continual work?

Objective #1: Assassinate Hailey Batron, the geneticist.
Objective #2: Recently detonation of Goonhub installation 458 was averted when the crew retained a certain nuclear authentication disk and fought off agents sent in a "non recoverable" highly important mission, recover this disk, you will find your PDA has a free "pinpointer" in the telecom black market.
Objective #3: Bug Renatha Hopburn, the Head of Personnel, we believe they may be a Nanotrasen agent transmitting identities of whom they suspect are our agents, we will listen on the bug if they try to radio in the ID's of any of our agents and activate the killswitch hidden inside it.

Traitor #2's objectives.
Objective #1: Syndicate high command believes that Nanotrasen is working on a new unknown prototype, infiltrate the science division and "relieve" the Research Director of his annual summary audio drive to Centcom regarding testing of this prototype which is believed to have been shipped to unknown location so not to be stolen. obtain by any means possible, good luck agent.

a possibly interesting thing, Updated assignments

how this works is...

Traitor #2 has just obtained the super secret proto drive and confirms this by scanning it on to his PDA, he is then given an updated list of instructions perhaps along the lines of

*ALERT* urgent update

We have intercepted radio transmissions that implicate one of our agents has defected, track down and kill (x)

When traitors complete their objectives they will be given new work, or an urgent assignment that has a time limit to completion, Syndicate high overlord command always needs more work done to overthrow Nanotrasen

Why is this a good idea? it keeps the round going, whenever a traitor finishes his objectives he decides to either blend in for the rest of the round or go overkill, this system of updating the agents will give them continual work to do, always a risk of being caught and its a lot more super spy, don't you think?

also perhaps reward agents for good work? great job agent: your main objective is complete, please enjoy this supplementary of 2 telecrystals

I want
Cogwerks Wrote:Glorious Death returns.

Set off the Self-Destruct Nuke also returns.

get in not go out
hell yes. My favorite nuke round was the one where I tricked the chaplain into monkeying himself, then the nuke went off and all the monkeys survived.