Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supervillain
A couple of item ideas. I thought I'd try spriting them because I can't sleep

Spray Flower (to be affixed in place of ID). Sprays sleep toxin on a target directly next to the villain.

[Image: 0zX6qY7.png][Image: KkLnrRJ.png][Image: GIscqcC.png]

Villain Cyborg. A henchman, ressurected into a fragile cyborg body. Or an NPC henchman in the vein of what david2222121 was saying about a 'mafia boss' style villain.

East: [Image: QfK6Bzn.png]
North: [Image: TVbXj1w.png]
South: [Image: qWpJMPj.png]
West: [Image: 4WftaTe.png]

Goddamn I love spriting.
i thought off some supervillain packs (totally not based off of any real supervillains nosiree)

also, they should all come with two special loyalty implants that make whoever you implant your henchmen
FREEZE PACK (or ice pack hah hah)
+Freeze ray, puts people into ice cubes
+Special suit makes them survive fine in cold temperatures
+Ice gun can be modified to freeze the ground
+Henchmen have to dress like penguins or polar bears and can slide ice cubes into people
-Hot temperatures do double damage
-Ice suit makes them go slower
-With suit off, they can still use their gun but are incredibly weak

PLANT PACK
+Immune to toxins
+Can mutate plants with a better success rate if they take over Botany
+Has a special chainsaw for a weapon
+Grass grows wherever they walk, if they root themselves to the soil they can heal but can't move
+Henchmen are dressed up like man-eaters, or are actual man-eaters
-Not weak to hot temperatures, but fires can destroy them in seconds
-Needs to take over botany to be especially effective
-Can't use regular medicine, have to use rooting as a cure all
-Less effective in dark areas? (can't grow grass, etc.)

NOT THE PENGUIN PACK
+Three loyalty implants instead of two, also loads of loads of loads of (money money money), encouraged to recruit henchman
+Lots of guns to arm henchman
+Maybe some way to do special/black market trading?
-No actual powers
-Look like a retard
-A bit weaker than a regular person

STRENGTH PACK
+Gives you hulk level strength or muscle stimulants so that you're just as strong but can still use guns
+Another stimulant for either a) a henchman or b)double the muscle power
+Able to take a lot more damage than humans
-Only one implant
-Medicine has less an effect on you
Quote:FREEZE PACK

What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!

horrible batman quotes will come flooding in, YES
Here's the key element that should define, and make spectacular, a supervillain round. They're not fighting the crew. The crew are ants, insignificant and only there to be exploited. They're fighting each other. Give us multiple supervillains, each with unique loadouts, and have them have one primary objective, and a secondary objective to destroy all the other supervillains.

You could make supervillains distinctive from normal traitors by having them get powers and gear which require certain things to be usable. Here's four archetypes I was thinking about:

1. Minion Master
-By himself, the weakest supervillain. No powers of his own.
-Evil Lair comes with a manufacturer which can produce henchmen uniforms, some small weapons, thinking caps and hypno-goggles.
-Putting a thinking cap on a monkey turns it into an aggressive mob, hostile against anyone not in a MM uniform.
-Sticking hypno-goggles on a crewmember acts like a mindslave implant, except it only ever makes them slaved to the minion master. It also gives them a distinctive sprite, with two antenna sticking up over their head.
-Manufacturer only has a limited amount of the materials for caps/goggles/uniforms, and none of the stuff needed for weaponry. He'll need to scavenge stuff off the station to fill it and make more.

2. Poison Oak
-Weak supervillain in direct combat, but can quickly flood the station with allies.
-Evil Lair comes with water tank, a couple grow pots, and a seed fabricator that can generate ANY seed, including specific mutations.
-All his powers are plant-based, and require the Compost Tank on his back to be filled up. He does not start with a composter, and cannot easily transfer one to his station.
-Powers replicate the effects of specialized fertilizers, instantly boosting the associated values of every plant in range. Also comes with a "Quik-Gro" power which uses a lot of compost, and causes every plant near him to automatically reach maturity.
-No plant-based mobs will attack him

3. The Robutticist
-Fairly strong supervillian, but limited in allies.
-Master of robots, the game should technically consider him a cyborg in the eyes of beepsky/guardbuddies, etc.
-Powers require electricity, drawn from the battery-pack on his belt. He only starts with one small, charged battery. For bigger batteries and to recharge, he needs the station.
-Powers include a reskinned shocking grasp, a point-blank instant EMP grenade, and a "Subversion" power that lets him instantly take over any robot he's standing besides.
-Subversion automatically flips any bot's "Fuck shit up" switch. Beepsky gets double-emagged, floor/fire/clean/medibots act emagged, buddies are turned to "purge" and disconnected from the system, and borgs/AI have a OnlyHuman law automatically uploaded when he uses it on them.

4. Evil Batman
-The strongest supervillain, tempered by the fact that he has no allies.
-Evil lair is basically the batcave.
-All his powers require money to use.
-Has amazing powers, including magic missiles which look like batarangs, an empower, a reflavored stun resist, etc.
-Should get a custom segway called "The Batmobile". Acts like a normal segway, but he can spend a little cash to hammer stun resist after hitting someone, and pop right back up.

Each supervillain requires something from the station, (People, compost, power, or money)each one is a real monster once he gets rolling, and most importantly each supervillain has a unique skillset, which can't be taken by other villains when he's killed. Evil Batman can kill the Minion Master and crank out hypno-goggles, but since they're only set to obey the Minion Master it won't do anything for him. If The Robutticist takes down Poison Oak, he can grow all the maneaters he wants, but they'll gun for him just as much as anyone else. I would imagine that you would have to have some way for each person selected to be a superhero to receive their powers and get transported to their respective lairs. Also, I'm thinking it would probably be best to just give them all specialized pods, giving them all teleportation devices would probably make things troublesome. But that's my idea for supervillains! What do you think?
Oh dang, almost forgot. Either The Robutticist or Evil batman should get a power that replicates the Power Glove, and The Robutticist also should have a very expensive power that acts like a Voltron.
I was a bit hesitant on this idea before, but if you could make it so it's similar to wizard (i.e When wizard dies, game is over) and the supervillain has opportunity of getting allies and he has his own tools, then I suppose it could be pretty cool.

On the downside, this would require alot of coding.

I'd say leave to an admin gimmick, choosing objectives then spawning specific items for them to carry it out.
Sundance Wrote:On the downside, this would require alot of coding.

Yeah, that does fucking suck. Probably best to keep it real simple because of this.
loadout idea:

prompt to pick a costume(also spawns a voice changer and syndicate ID)

prompt to pick a weapon

enough implants for a few minions

spawn something like a gang locker for random minion costumes(also puts a small weapon like a derringer in their pockets maybe i don't know?)
This seems like a lot of work for an idea that would be better off an admin spawned gimmick
Weavel Wrote:This could work really cool.

Maybe like the wizard's spellbook you can pick your theme, as said before, and work off that?
Let's say your objectives are
#1. Steal 50,000 credits.
#2. Kidnap the Captain and have him alive in your lair.

Your "Supervillain Argos Catalogue" (wow they really have everything) allows you to pick your theme and the items from it.
Pick a Bond Villain style of play, and you get a lair-only Portabrig system to kidnap dudes, a box of grenades that convert monkeys into vicious killing machines, a stronger Golden Derringer, and a reskinned Butcher's Knife as a Top Hat.

Or, pick a Magneto setup, and you get a syringe to give yourself TK, a sweet costume and three mindslaves that give random superpowers along with their enslaving (though they don't work on yourself!).

maybe you could even let people be a Predator through this option idk

You bought me at Magneto.
Although he should have magnetokinesis - rip off floor tiles and plating off walls and throw it at people.
I'm really happy that this idea has had so many improvements and enthusiastic responses. Thank you all very much for your input. The consensus does seem to be that it'd be an admin gimmick, but since we rarely have those over on 4 maybe Cogwerks' idea of it drawing from the HoS or Mentor list could be smart?

Iuno, pretty pumped at the ideas people are coming up with.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:This seems like a lot of work for an idea that would be better off an admin spawned gimmick
ISaidNo Wrote:
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:This seems like a lot of work for an idea that would be better off an admin spawned gimmick

Nobody's discounting that. I agree, implementing it may well change the game too much. It'd be a fun gimmick though, right?
I really like this idea but I think it should be admin gimmick only. This should replace the welder
alsoo i think supervillains should get their own villainous traitor PDA with special villain items. their base should be off the station and they should have a whole supervillian closet, with like 3 mindslave implants given to them to make henchmen. and yeah their objective should be wildly difficult. This is a cool idea
I don't get what makes this different from a regular traitor. Any of these suggestions could be traitor objectives or traitor kits a la the bowling kit.

Still, some cool ideas in this thread. There needs to be more hostage objectives, like (end the round with the current captain wearing an electropack).