Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Best moments ever thread 2.0
A Syndie squad holed at security with the nuke, we rushed in with the Captain, one other guy and myself. Funnily an artifact left an owl bomb in science, so that's what i was gonna use against the Syndies. I did that with hilarious success, which confused the hell out them (dropping all the clothes etc). In the ensuing havoc, they started spamming rpg's, killing all of us and the nuke itself. But it was not over, while two of the Syndies died too, one managed to escape, find its way to the Crew Quarters, get bolted in by AI and weld the doors. He spent the next 20 minutes painting the floor, writing "OWL", like the bomb affected his mind or something, it looked like this:

[Image: WkBvVAo.png]

After he was done with that, he broke himself out, got to the escape shuttle and murdered everyone.
Rocket Wrote:A Syndie squad holed at security with the nuke, we rushed in with the Captain, one other guy and myself. Funnily an artifact left an owl bomb in science, so that's what i was gonna use against the Syndies. I did that with hilarious success, which confused the hell out them (dropping all the clothes etc). In the ensuing havoc, they started spamming rpg's, killing all of us and the nuke itself. But it was not over, while two of the Syndies died too, one managed to escape, find its way to the Crew Quarters, get bolted in by AI and weld the doors. He spent the next 20 minutes painting the floor, writing "OWL", like the bomb affected his mind or something, it looked like this:

*Image*

After he was done with that, he broke himself out, got to the escape shuttle and murdered everyone.

10/10 roleplaying rite dere. Nothing quite like roleplaying the slow degradation of sanity caused by the insanity that is SS13
one video to save them all

this is why you do not play fart roulette in the chapel with lots of gravity wells.
Somepotato Wrote:one video to save them all
clip
this is why you do not play fart roulette in the chapel with lots of gravity wells.
or why you do.
[Image: lKHAqCB.png]

This horse was locked up in the brig so I freed it thinking it was a nice horse. It turned on me and started eating me. It then got out of security and caused chaos across the station
wait wait the horse looked broken to you too? Oh my god.
So tonight I initiated my first (actually executed correctly) admin gimmick round. I dub it, "Three Stooges".

Players that join immediately after round start, those that check for gimmick jobs, would be met with surprise to see "AI" in the listing and took it. Three AIs would be about on the station: the orange snoozleberry newt rollups, the pink LoveNet, and the green Invisible AI. They were given a single extra law: be the last AI standing, overriding the second and third laws as necessary, otherwise Bad Things would happen.

Needless to say, most of the round was serenaded with the hilarious bantering of the warring AIs. At the beginning, one stand-up crew member took it upon himself to pull all of the AIs out of their cramped core shields and lined them up in a row so they could be told apart. snoozleberry newt rollups took this opportunity to strike, having been savvy enough to catch the telescience offsets and evicted LoveNet and Invisible AI from the upload foyer. At first the ghosts and I thought he'd sent them straight to the crusher since that had happened in a previous round with an AI lawed to exterminate wizards, but snoozleberry wasn't that mean and instead stuffed them into the walls by the upload foyer's airbridge.

[Image: 59db53d0c1.png]
LoveNet on the bottom, Invisible AI on the top. Unfortunately the only screenshot I thought to take. I was too busy laughing to take any others.

This didn't afford snoozleberry as much personal space as he would've liked though, as LoveNet responded by unbolting the upload foyer and shutting off the turrets. Someone promptly ran in and... uploaded a law that told the AIs not to assert dominance over each other. Then another crew member quickly excised the no-fun law and replaced it with "Only Mr. Muggles is human."

Well, crap, now the AIs were unbound from the crew and yelling at each other. Sadly Invisible AI was inactive and ultimately had to leave the game, so a replacement AI was drafted in the form of HUMAN TRAPPED IN AN AI SHELL... and ended up spawning right on top of snoozleberry, who had teleported himself back into the core shields like it was some kind of throne. Since the teleporter was random in what it pulled off of the same tile, snoozleberry bedrudgingly let him stay put.

Some more hilarious dialogue later, the traitor Jimmy Jakins (actually Shaquille O:Bama in disguise) approached the stacked AIs and declared he would solve their dispute using... his inability to poo.

He wasn't wrong.

Jimmy Jakins emits a loud clunk!

Shaq had ingested a bunch of simethicone and a macrobomb, literally farting himself to death and obliterating all of the AIs at once... or so he thought, for the crew hadn't found LoveNet. Indeed, snoozleberry's telesci shenanigans ultimately worked against him in the end by sparing LoveNet his explosive fate. Sadly, in the walls was where LoveNet would say for the rest of the round, as another traitor and his mindslave had murdered nearly everyone else on the station with swarms upon swarms of killer tomatoes. They were kind enough to let all the survivours onto the shuttle with them, though.

...But unfortunately forgot one important fact, one that LoveNet tried to warn them about: Invisible AI, though braindead, was technically still alive and brought the AI count to more than one. And his warnings were not heeded.

And so Bad Things happened and black holes devoured the Escape Shuttle en route to Centcom.
SL the Pyro Wrote:words
Holy shit, that's amazing
You know, while multiple AI's is currently mainly reserved for admin gimmicks, I think it could be great if it's something that could occur normally.

Like, there being a random chance for a dual AI system at the round start or something. Part of what makes AI so off putting to people is part of the extreme multi-management that sometimes occurs, often requiring a self awareness that is at the levels that, well, what a computer is expected to do. Having two people would make playing AI much more bearable for people. It'd also be pretty nice to ease people who are too terrified of playing the AI into playing AI. After all, personal, in-game mentors are often infinitely more effective than mentorhelp can be.

Not to mention, witnessing two AI's with vastly different personalities interact or conflict could be interesting.

I'd probably try playing AI more if it could be set up like that.
I'll keep giving monetary reasons until i'm blue in the face/everyone is sick of me, but if you could BUY an AI core either to repair the old ai that's been bombed or to make a new dual AI then that would be pretty sick.
While I don't disagree with the reasons, the implementation would be a big problem. Simply purchasing/building a new AI wouldn't be enough, you would also need a player to operate it. This isn't like ghosts randomly becoming blobs, either; it brings a regular player into an AI's environment, possibly even against his will and shoves all its responsibilities onto him, and if said player is a ghost he can now speak all his metagamey knowledge freely. I can't see this being used to any good end, and I don't mean in a chaotic-fun sense.

Really, the only reason my gimmick round worked was because I was lucky enough to have intentional late-joiners that happened to see the job listing. Multiple AIs at round-start is something I can see happening, but bringing in AIs mid-round might be a bit too much and should perhaps be limited to admin intervention.
Yesterday was quite insane.....

the admins decided to give every mob, even the MONKEYS pet martian minelayers, followed by about hundreds of martian bombs primed to detonate, also explosions, lots of them.

Suddenly the station was wood, and such. Everyone was given Elimbinators for arms.

Also, everyone went macho. In escape, a Y-Drone, along with a few Glitch Drones were spawned in, the drone AI was so stupid that the glitch drones fired at each other, hilarity insures.

I forgot about pictures, hopefully people snapped some images of this event, because it was awesome. Woop woop.
Nah it would be simple, just don't have a brain in the AI core you buy. Then someone else's brain has to be put in it.
I finally discovered the secret of QGP, and i'm now one of the four or so people that knows how it's made.

[Image: oqIPYnB.png]
ErikHanson Wrote:I finally discovered the secret of QGP, and i'm now one of the four or so people that knows how it's made.

[Image: oqIPYnB.png]

So kids... that was how humanity lost all hope...

thank god there is no supermatter on goonstation