Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Chemistry Thread (Cogwerks)
Napalm needs an ignition source anyway. It doesn't start on fire by itself. I never understood that part about napalm in game.

Anyway, for chemical ideas, I like the one about making things glow. The chemical should add a green glowing layer over the top of the sprite and radiate light faintly maybe a tile out. Splash it on something to make it glow in the dark, or drink it to give yourself glowing green skeleton sprite in the darkness of maintenance. Good for getting around without needing a flashlight. Bad for hiding from people in the dark.

I also love the super glue idea. I think that not only should you be able to splash it on things to glue them in place, you should be able to splash it on a floor tile to make the next person who walks over it get stuck for a second. If they hit resist, they lose their shoes, which get stuck in place, but can keep running. The shoes can be pried off later.

Being able to make chlorine would be an interesting way to rust cyborgs. splash it on them and they take whatever damage it is that cyborgs take. Too much of it, or a killing blow with it, should turn the cyborg sprite into a rusty red one that can't move at all. The drawback is that if a human inhales it, they take heavy toxic damage as well. Mixing it with ammonia would create extremely volatile hydrogen gas.

Messages In This Thread