Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cirr's Terrible Idea Feedback Type Thread Place Event Kiosk [GONE WRONG]
Hi so in an effort to increase transparency I'm starting a thread for people to provide feedback (if they feel so inclined) on some chunks of the chaos I've been personally responsible for, so it can be better adjusted and player feedback collected and collated in one place.

Namely:

Ghost Notifications
  • A relatively unused and very new system where an admin can ping a bunch of ghosts to let them know a THING is happening related to a specific player. Instead of using chat messages, it pops up a notification dialogue so people's attention is rudely interrupted by it.
  • FUTURE PLANS:
    • Prompting ghosts for event/player/admin driven respawn opportunities (some of you may already have seen this used for flockdrones, which I'll get to)
    • Prompting ghosts where the nuke is when it's activated and other fun stuff
    • Letting ghosts know where some of the more specific located events are taking place (eg. where a kudzu seed is planted, where a gravitational anomaly begins, where the first meteor is at when it spawns in a meteor shower, where the first radioactive burst is)
    • Adding better user configuration to disable categories of messages (at the moment you can disable categories of messages but only per round so you'll always be stuck with seeing the first one)

Critter Respawns / "Ghost" Critters
  • Recently added critter respawn (available five minutes after death, and then twenty minutes after respawned critter death)
  • Very early system
  • Critters can't speak english, can't understand english, and can't read or write
  • FUTURE PLANS:
    • Add additional possible critters to spawn as (need to be suitably weak)
    • Objectives for critters?

Flockmind/Flockdrones
  • So most of you probably have no idea what this is, it's an antagonist I've been working on
  • Actually there's little to get feedback here I haven't had already, if you don't know what this is, don't worry, but just know things are coming

Messages In This Thread
Cirr's Terrible Idea Feedback Type Thread Place Event Kiosk [GONE WRONG] - by Cirrial - 11-29-2017, 09:20 PM