Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MISREPORT: AI's CAN use packet-magic to recall the shuttle.
(10-22-2017, 11:13 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: I have noticed on a few maps that computers and terminals do not have proper network connection due to having wireless cards, while being stationary terminals on data-terminals.
However, since I got a conformation of transmission, I don't think that was the case either.

You can send packets to invalid address and it will still give you that transmit confirmation, its just that nothing on the network will listen to it

The way the network appears to be is that its just a single subnet and that all packets are sent multicast (so like there are routers - and instead of using macs we call them pnet and wnet id’s to address individual devices through our broadcasts)

There is some funny business with dipswitches on databanks that supposably mess with vlan tagging or something but I see litteraly zero use of said feature...nor have I actually tried to make it work

All that aside, you can use (periph I think..) a command in both dwaine and thinkdos to configure which network adapter to use and in the case of a wireless card the radio frequency as well

unrelated but the nerd in me wishes we had space routers to route between the station and other comm arrays as if they were seperate networks

Messages In This Thread
RE: AI's can't use packet-magic to recall the shuttle. - by Sov - 10-23-2017, 09:40 AM