Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So here I am
Should I treat this like an AA meeting? Hi I'm <insert name here> and I've been a SS13 player since....

Oh... me?

I grew in the age of the movie that the "Would You Like To Play A Game?" quote originated from. My first RPGs were AD&D and Shadowrun. My first Computer RPG was... Kings Quest? And my first MMO was spending 4 years playing various MUDs in the mid-90's... followed by UO.

So... yeah... I've been at this for a while now and no stranger to low rez, text base games. Probably the reason SS13 seems up my alley.

Actually, I'm a total newb to SS13. Saw a few vids years ago, watched the play throughs and thought the game was awesome sounding. Tried loading up a few times and blew myself out of an airlock twice, got slaughtered like that poor guy whose pod opens up in the middle of that mutant chase scene in Pandorum, finally spawned in as an assistant, had a seizure, passed out, woke up in med bay just before a plasma bomb blew it into a yellow goo.

That was my first attempt at SS13 a couple years back. But I was just proud of myself for figuring out how to light a cigar at that point.

Been watching Tex and BlackPantsLegion for a while now and thought I'd get back into the game.

Started up my private servers for a while to get the controls down. Figured out how to so some basics of the basic jobs (janitor, barkeep, some botany and cooking). And experimented with doing stupid shit on my own private station so as not to piss anyone off... like feeding the little pyro in me by playing the "How many items are flammable?" game. Also getting used to some of the Admin commands/features thanks to that, as a side effect.

Been getting my hands dirty in real time for the past week, when I have time. And, thanks to the above-mentioned person/channel, figured I'd stop in here and give y'all a try.

I want to learn the game better and hear that you guys are the group to look to. Anyone mind telling me where to start?

Messages In This Thread
So here I am - by Lerxst - 10-01-2017, 10:13 PM
RE: So here I am - by Technature - 10-01-2017, 10:32 PM
RE: So here I am - by Vitatroll - 10-01-2017, 11:48 PM
RE: So here I am - by babayetu83 - 10-02-2017, 12:38 AM
RE: So here I am - by Frank_Stein - 10-02-2017, 05:56 AM
RE: So here I am - by Vitatroll - 10-08-2017, 07:32 AM
RE: So here I am - by PH77SER - 10-02-2017, 04:05 AM
RE: So here I am - by Wraithcraft - 10-02-2017, 06:00 AM
RE: So here I am - by The Grim Sleeper - 10-08-2017, 02:13 AM
RE: So here I am - by Superlagg - 10-08-2017, 06:48 AM