Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Katana Might Be A Little Too Strong!
I tried the traitor katana a few rounds ago and it's just a tad bit too strong in it's current form, I feel.

Below I've spat out what I felt were the most crazy-strong parts of the items design and suggestions on how to fix them.
  • The de-limb chance is just a bit too high. Yes, I know it's meant to balance out the weaker damage, but if you slice off someones leg, they can't run away, this leaves you to de-limb their arms and one-remaining leg then decapitate them as a finishing move. It almost felt like a 100% delimb chance, maybe tone that back a bit.
  • It's surprisingly hard to see the sword sheath on your character. I was playing the barman and the black pants of his default outfit almost perfectly obscured the sheath of the sword. The sheath on a characters belt could be a little more apparent to any passerby.
  • It's incredibly quiet, I had been worried when I drew the katana it would make a loud "schwing" draw sound, but I was able to draw it and delimb a poor dude before he knew what the heck was going on. It could use atleast some form of draw sound in the same way activating a c-saber screams "Someone is about to get murdered!"
  • Decapitation is way too easy on downed, de-limbed targets. Someone who's had all their limbs sliced off is probably going to bleed out anyway, but the decapitation finisher is way too fast, it should have a small progress bar with some sort of melodramatic emote and a post-decapitation bow (this wouldn't halt player movement, just do a *bow after the finishing move). Bonus points if wearing the fedora and performing a decapitation leads to some offensively poorly formatted japanese text
Or maybe I just got lucky and it isn't actually that great compared to a c-saber for rampages.

Messages In This Thread
Katana Might Be A Little Too Strong! - by Grifflez - 09-25-2017, 01:29 AM