Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Admins not doing their jobs
LLJK1 has recently become sort of a shitshow when it comes to what people say roleplaying is, bothering to roleplay at all and how the admins decide to handle the situation, if at all. While there are a couple regulars that still come onto the server, such as Doctorbleak, Loser_chunt, and myself, there are more newcomers that do not know what the "Roleplay Server" is supposed to mean.
This shows itself when a newcomer gets picked to be the antagonist. Earlier today I was in a round with Doctorbleak, CleverBoy12, Eristheslackwyrm, and others, and we had all deduced that Cleverboy was a ling, and we wanted to test his blood as proof. He immediately horror-moded and killed 2 people. This is when we began to argue that he wasn't roleplaying enough for the roleplay server, and he argued that he was allowed and justified to use all of his abilities whenever he wanted, and insisted that the "roleplay server means drinking, and walking around".

OOC: CleverBoy12: Playing this game
OOC: CleverBoy12: Is roleplay
OOC: CleverBoy12: Walking around
OOC: CleverBoy12: Drinking water is roleplay
OOC: CleverBoy12: This is a roleplay game
OOC: CleverBoy12: 100% of your actions are roleplay

Later, Cleverboy came to me as I was waiting for the shuttle, stung me, and pulled me away without interacting with me at all before doing so.

LOOC: CleverBoy12: Yep
LOOC: CleverBoy12: I need to kill you
LOOC: CleverBoy12: So it is in fact roleplay
OOC: Zoosmelon11: "I need to kill you, so it is in fact roleplay"
OOC: Zoosmelon11: he said, while shoving me outside an airlock after i did nothing to him

Daria came to save me, and pulled me to the shuttle. She continued to push him out of the shuttle before it took off, leaving him stranded. At this point, he accused us of not roleplaying, because we "killed him for no reason", and "abused a bug to get him off the shuttle". At this point, Daria told us to "ahelp him if you want", and left the server.
CleverBoy12 and I began to argue on who was right, and we both ahelped. This is when Wonkmin answered, and decided using only surface level knowledge. (CleverBoy12's account), he decided he was innocent. When I asked him about it, he told me that because I was the only one that ahelped, there is nothing wrong with his roleplaying, and that because I was getting upset and claiming "murderboning", he wasn't going to listen to me, and that I was the problem. Had he looked back into the logs, he would have realized that I was not the only one that had a problem with the situation, that everyone else had simply left, and that there was more to what he was doing than "responding to being cornered".
I can understand that I was getting a little out of hand, but only because I'm sick of this happening in every round I'm in. Between admins not taking the time to research the situation, and people not ahelping at all because of it, the roleplaying server has fallen into a state of nobody caring about the rules, and it turns into the regulars having every other round ruined by the newer players.
As admins and mentors, regulars and newcomers alike rely on you to make sure that the quality of the players does not reach the point it has now, by helping them get a hang of roleplaying, and by policing those who refuse to listen. The idea that problems like this can be blown off just because only one person reported them is the reason why this problem needs to be addressed at all. A problem that makes it difficult for the people wanting to treat this server as what it is, a roleplay server, and to have fun with it.
I am always open to newer people joining the community, as long as they understand that this place has rules, and a purpose that is separate from servers like LLJK2.

Messages In This Thread
Admins not doing their jobs - by Zoosmelon11 - 08-21-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: Admins not doing their jobs - by Technature - 08-21-2017, 09:32 PM
RE: Admins not doing their jobs - by Mordent - 08-23-2017, 06:47 PM
RE: Admins not doing their jobs - by locusts - 09-06-2017, 03:15 PM
RE: Admins not doing their jobs - by Mordent - 10-16-2017, 05:23 AM