Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hull something or other
It is sort of true we need more admins.

As to what happened to you: well, I am glad someone listened to my advice for how to play security at least.

The security attitude issue is a bit of a weird one, for me, though. Because if we did actually crack down on messing with security we'd also need to crack down on security being bad, otherwise they'd be the grief job. And if we don't, then well, people mess with security constantly.

Is messing with security okay if they're arresting you for minor crimes that don't actually hurt anyone? Probably not? Probably? I've had some great rounds with people messing with me as security, though.

Is running away from them and resisting arrest despite not being an antag okay? This is kind of a difficult question.

I just really don't know how you'd fix this security attitude problem other than my usual opinion of telling everyone to not give a fuck either way and fucking keep the game inside of the game, which I guess is the main issue here. That they didn't, maybe. It's a bit hard to figure out if they actually held a grudge against you looking through the logs, the backseat administrating from mentors is annoying as hell though and I wish that they'd stop.

Quote:Only one officer takes it upon himself to clean out the lockers of tasers so that when I arrive in security there is no gear leftover. I stun him to strip his belt and grab one of the tasers and chastise him over stealing all the gear. Enter Detective who is an antag and stuns me, cuffs us both, then murders me.
The guy you arrested for this apparently said that he only took one of the tasers and wasn't the culprit. Apparently the guy who killed you through the portal also killed himself through the same portal because he thought it lead to a valid location and not death. I dunno I think this was you maybe letting your feelings be a bit clouded over getting angry, you definitely shouldn't play security if you want to relax, though.

You do have a point with that communication thing, though. We try to respond to every adminhelp by saying we will look into it, and don't really say anything more because doing so would ruin whether or not they're antagonists. 

I recommend anyone who adminhelps people who they think might be antags to just act normally after adminhelping them, that is, to treat them as possible antagonists.

I will now shame all of those people who thought they could backseat administrate in OOC:

These two guys are wrong, their opinions are stupid:

Quote:[21:26:51] OOC: overactive sec is shitsec

Wrong.

Quote:[21:27:18] OOC: Stan, if you're a security officer, your duty is not to arrest every random crimer. Maybe on a Roleplay Server it is, but this is Goonstation LLJK US 2, we don't HAVE roleplay here and as such you have no need to follow space law. As a Security Officer, the crew is supposed to be able to trust you to defend them and help the crew. You broke all of that, and you were shit the whole way.I know this message will get lost on you, but next time you're security consider your job.

You're not an admin, shut up. Also you're wrong on every account: if it's not a roleplay server then there's less of a need for security to give a shit about who they piss off, isn't there. Not to mention the irony of saying you have to do your job as security on the non-roleplay server.

Quote:[21:28:18] OOC: Atamus, your job as a Security Officer is to defend the crew and help it out. You arrested everyone aiding the crew, and let the antagonists slip by

Wrong, it's to arrest criminals. Stop trying to make the game boring.

Messages In This Thread
Hull something or other - by atamusvaleo - 08-15-2017, 06:48 PM
RE: Hull something or other - by Mordent - 08-15-2017, 07:06 PM
RE: Hull something or other - by atamusvaleo - 08-16-2017, 04:21 AM
RE: Hull something or other - by Mordent - 08-16-2017, 04:53 AM
RE: Hull something or other - by atamusvaleo - 08-16-2017, 05:16 AM
RE: Hull something or other - by Hull - 08-16-2017, 07:48 AM
RE: Hull something or other - by Huff H Law - 08-16-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: Hull something or other - by atamusvaleo - 08-16-2017, 09:30 AM