Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Nerf] Changeling Forms
The Final part of the Changeling Split Ideas I've been making, and the worst part in my opinion due to how hard it is to change the Changeling

CHANGELING FORMS
Conscious Survival
The Changeling no longer has passive space walking. Instead, one of their forms grants the ability to space walk.

Second Chance
Every single Changeling Form can produce a Headspider.

IT BURNS!
The Changeling takes double damage from fire. Ow.

FORMS
Combative
This is what you have to watch out for. In this form, the Changeling has access to all of their combative moves. These include:
Shambling Abomination
LSD Sting
Muting Sting (Nerfed Nuerotoxin Sting, it just makes the victim unable to talk for a while.)
Arm Changing Power
Acid Spit
Speed Regeneration
Handspider

Protective
For if the Changeling has to make an escape or if it's dragging you off to space to eat you after it's subdued you in it's combative form. This includes:
Passive Cold Resistance and no need for Oxygen (space walking)
Stasis/Feign Death
Speed Regeneration
Takes normal fire damage instead of double fire damage.
Absorb.

Transformative
This is the stealthy state the Changeling has, in a way. In this form they can transform, transform others, and unlock their own genetic code... It includes:
Handspider
Genetic Changes (will be talked about later)
Transform
Transforming Sting
Shambling Abomination
Monkey Form :o
Absorb

Form Swap
The Changeling has a power to change forms. Changing forms provides an obvious message to everyone near you, but other than that it has no drawback. 

Genetic Changes
Due to the Changeling both having lost it's primary form of attack (Nuero) and it being much less effective in battle (having to change between forms to get different powers), the Changeling is much weaker. However, this both makes sense for the Changeling and could potentially balance it a bit. When this is used, it will bring up the Genetics Screen with every single gene unlocked. The Changeling can activate or deactivate the genes their current form has. They lose these genes whenever they transform.

Example due to me wording that sentence badly: John Fosters has Comic Sans speech, Fire Resistance, and Deafness.
the Changeling transforms into John Fosters.
The Changeling uses Genetic Changes and activates Fire Resistance and Comic Sans Speech.
The Changeling changes into YoukCat Kitterson.
The Changeling loses Fire Resistance and Comic Sans Speech.

Thank you for reading this. The reason I had so much trouble with this is that every single power the Changeling has is thematic and makes sense for the Changeling to have, however they all make the Changeling such a powerful foe. So I tried to do this in a way that kept all of the powers, but made the Changeling much less powerful.

Messages In This Thread
[Nerf] Changeling Forms - by YoukCat - 06-19-2017, 10:35 AM
RE: [Nerf] Changeling Forms - by ferriswheel1 - 06-19-2017, 12:15 PM
RE: [Nerf] Changeling Forms - by NateTheSquid - 06-19-2017, 02:08 PM
RE: [Nerf] Changeling Forms - by awfulworldkid - 06-19-2017, 11:38 PM
RE: [Nerf] Changeling Forms - by Ed Venture - 06-20-2017, 02:52 PM
RE: [Nerf] Changeling Forms - by Musketman12 - 06-20-2017, 03:07 PM
RE: [Nerf] Changeling Forms - by Ed Venture - 06-20-2017, 03:12 PM
RE: [Nerf] Changeling Forms - by Superlagg - 06-20-2017, 07:24 PM
RE: [Nerf] Changeling Forms - by Dr Zoidcrab - 06-21-2017, 02:24 AM
RE: [Nerf] Changeling Forms - by NateTheSquid - 06-21-2017, 02:26 AM
RE: [Nerf] Changeling Forms - by Roomba - 06-21-2017, 02:34 AM