Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a cult mode, or something of that nature
(05-20-2017, 08:39 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: For a less work intensive cult thing, why not take a look at the reasons cult has never been added before.

A. Nerds use it as a reason to do lame cult murder gimmicks as nonantags

Easy answer is to make Cult about as noticeable as cluwnes. Give them their own Alcolyte Uniforms that can't be removed unless deculted. It also could serve as a way for cult members to recognize eachother in the absence of a UI prompt (and an easy way for noncultists to hide in plainsight)

B. Culty things tend to involve chaplain wayyy too much

Extend some of chaplain's powers to some other players at random, so they can take over if chaplain dies. These could serve as loyalists who can't be culted.

Cluwne cult sounds funny but I doubt the admins would go for that. although a natural resistance to cluwning could come in handy in wizard rounds as well.

C. Cult is too close to rev and gang

Only thing I could think of would be to borrow some mechanics from other game modes, or look at game mechanics goon hasn't adopted yet.

What if performing certain actions netted the cult upgrades like a metroidvania game.

A: The whole idea of a cult is secrecy etc. Also giving them fixed uniforms they cant take off would step on the toes of gang mode.

B: Holy water can decurse/decluwne people, that funtion could be entended to cultists. Or it could burn them horribly like vampires. Same with the bible, but I dont think the chaplain himself should get any immunity to cult powers.

C: Im guessing the difference would be that a cult would be actively murdering random people as sacrifices and would also need to keep it's numbers low to prevent discovery. There could be a limit to the number of cultists that changes with crew size.

Messages In This Thread
a cult mode, or something of that nature - by OMJ - 05-18-2017, 09:01 AM
RE: a cult mode, or something of that nature - by Dr Zoidcrab - 05-21-2017, 06:16 AM