Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Persistent Bank - Suggestions + Feedback
I've got an idea regarding antag bucks, though it's probably not a good one.

At the end of the round, we could have a rating system in place, where each player except the antags are allowed to rate each antag on their performance in the round. Once the round truly ends and returns to the title screen, each antag would get a cut of antag points from a set pool, the size of the cut for each antag depending on how high their rating is, with negatively-rated antags getting a smaller cut (or maybe none at all depending on low they are rated). How many points is in the pool is up to the coders.

With these points, the player can spend it to increase their chances of becoming their antag of choice for next round and only that round with the increase resetting to normal after that round, with the cost depending on which antag they spend it on, the rarer and more dangerous ones (Wizard, Blob, Wraith, etc.) being more expensive than the others (traitor, nuke ops, etc.) (Not sure how to handle Other Foes, though.) The chance increases can stack, meaning that if someone wanted, they could save up their antag points to get a high chance of becoming their favorite antag for one round. (How much each antag costs is also up to the coders).

The idea is that it incentivizes antags to try and be interesting and/or fun in order to get the approval of the players and thus more points, rewarding them by allowing them increased chance to play their favorites the round they spend their points, though I'm afraid it might not fit the SS13 experience, or there's a chance this could get horribly run into the ground by turbonerds, or worse. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Yeah on second thought this post should be moved to the 'Ideas of questionable quality' thread. Also yeah I can see how this would probably be abused now that zewaka pointed it out

Messages In This Thread
Persistent Bank - Suggestions + Feedback - by mbc - 03-03-2017, 12:37 PM
RE: Persistent Bank - Suggestions + Feedback - by Calebc789 - 03-03-2017, 11:15 PM