Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Persistent Bank - Suggestions + Feedback
This is a thread about the Persistent Bank - it's a new thing that some COOL PEOPLE on the admin team have brainstormed and I will try to go about implementing it sometime soon.
This thread is for suggestions, feedback, and questions. Feel free to voice any concerns you have or just suggest trinkets for this system to use!

Here's a rough outline of how things should go, in my head: 

Getting Cash

Each job on the station has a base wage. This is the default amt of credits that they receive every payday (before the HoP goes and messes with the bank records)
At the end of a round, the station is usually awarded a letter grade between F- and A+ on the scoring sheet. Imagine the range of F- to A+ as a range of 0 to 100.

In order to handle cash payouts, the system could check all players that survived the round and award them a percentage of their wage based on the station grade. For example : You are a staff assistant with a wage of 100 credits per payday. You manage to escape alive, and the station is given a grade of B- so 80 credits are added to your persistent bank. 
I think a reduced payout would be good for crewmembers who survive the round but do not escape.

Cash will be tied to your username, not your character.

Spending Cash

An important thing : Any item that you can purchase with persistent cash should be cosmetic, or at best marginally useful.

I feel that players should not have access to their persistent bank in-game. Instead, they will have the option to purchase a single item from a master list each time they ready up for a round on the lobby screen. The item they purchase will spawn on their character as a trinket. 
My reasoning for this is those 'marginally useful' items - I don't want a player to be able to join up, take a look at what's going on in the round and say "Hey, i could really use some tools right now!" and then go purchase a golden wrench with their bank. Purchasing an item in reaction to something happening ingame would feel kind of unfair.

Also, you will never need to buy anything if you don't want to. The system is supposed to be an entirely opt-in, flavor/just-for-fun thing.

Things to buy 

Just throwing out some examples off the top of my head (costs not included):
- Funny Hats
- Moon Shoes
- Crate of paint
- Stickers
- Camera viewer
- Golden Wrench
- Fake Moustache
- Banana Grenades

Messages In This Thread
Persistent Bank - Suggestions + Feedback - by mbc - 03-03-2017, 12:37 PM