Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
With an even heavier heart and tears in my eyes nerf pocket internals
(02-23-2017, 07:34 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Just make the emergency tank not fit in your pocket so they can only attach to your belt. And maybe limit it to a maximum of 10-15 minutes of air. Even 600 kPa would last a whole round on 2, I've had rounds where I filled up an emergency tank with oxygen and it lasted the whole shift, only losing maybe a couple hundred kPa.

Also a sidenote: Current atmos feels a lot like performing magic rituals to appease the gods of suffocation, in that it involves a lot of waving around enchanted talismans and praying it does something without knowing how, why, or if it'll work. Might be due to the fact that we can't see air, and the only real ways to be sure are to check the atmospheric analyzer on every tile or see if you're suffocating.

Now, a pair of goggles that put a colored overlay on tiles, tinted based on the level of gas in that tile, would be fantastic. Maybe let the thermal goggles also detect the temperature of the air in the tiles as well, since the cold is the biggest issue with depressurization. Maybe maybe also something that'll make holes into space much more obvious, like the mesons, but helpful. Maybe maybe maybe also something else that'll tell you the rough volume of the room you're in so you can figure out how many dozens of cans you need.

And also, it wouldn't hurt to have a guide as to how much room a canister can repressurize. Or how much plasma a scrubber can scrub. Something like that to turn this dark art into a dubious science.

This is extremely quality.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With an even heavier heart and tears in my eyes nerf pocket internals - by CameronWoof - 02-23-2017, 07:54 AM