Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Best moments ever thread 2.0
It's not really a moment, but I had a pretty interesting round at my own expense yesterday.

I was the captain, and about five minutes in a scientist slipped me up and fed me a pill that knocked me out for ages and put me in the red. He stole all my shit, used stable mutagen to steal my identity (Dennis Algiers) and change my name to Meatloaf, and left me for dead in the test chamber.

Fortunately, I had hid my spare before getting mugged, so I went and got it. I set the AI with a law saying I was captain and that Dennis Algiers was not human.

Unfortunately, the AI got reset pretty quickly, and nobody believed that I was the real captain and the guy with my name and gear was an impostor. The spare was taken from me and everyone said my story was bullshit. The false cap had been wearing a gas mask, and I thought it was to conceal a voice changer and accused him of this. He'd actually used stable mutagen, and dramatically revealed this while I was being arrested.

By the end of the round, another guy who'd been fighting the cap managed to convince sec that Dennis was, in fact, a bad guy, and that I probably hadn't been lying. The false captain wasn't allowed on the shuttle and, even though the HoP immediately tazed and cuffed me, I'd won, sort of.

Even after the round people thought the false captain had been framed, because the guy who convinced sec turned out to have been a spy.

Usually if you steal someone's identity I'd suspect it's better to make sure they're dead, but sometimes leaving them alive can make for some interesting conflict, especially if you give them a new identity while you're at it.

Messages In This Thread