Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dramatic Mining Overhaul
I looked around first to see if it was suggested. This had gotten some support during one round so I thought I'd post about it.

As it is, mining isn't terribly useful. You make a bunch of equipment and if the QMs didn't get bored of shipping stuff they might sell what you send them. Occasionally you find an abandoned crate or anger fermids or lag the server to death because you thought it'd be funny to bomb an erebite vein.

There were two main ideas I had:

1. Mining Planet - There could be a zlevel with a cavernous planet rich with minerals. Interspersed could be previous excavation sites, lost alien civilizations, whatever you can think of. Add a few mobs and have them be weak to specific mining "weapons" which could only be used on them (unless emagged?). This is really open to ideas and discussion.

2. Exploration Team - Since miners tend to fuck off into space anyway, you could make this their primary role. Don't like this one as much since it kind of eliminates mining and the things you can find out in space are largely static anyway. People seemed to like the idea though so maybe send them off to the Ice Moon or Bio Dome or what have you.

That's all I got.

Messages In This Thread