Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Darkchis
Admin name: Self Darkchis
Server: lljk2
Date/Time: 19/12/2016

Synopsis:  I want to preface this with the fact that I think Darkchis is a good admin.    I say this because I don't want to seem like I'm bagging on them.

Yesterday,  I accidently let off an artibomb outside podbay.    I'd spent about thirty minutes on the soviet shuttle making glowing fruit to produce omnizine for medbay  (I believe it was Jim Avernum who ran into me while doing this).  On my way out for guffaws I activated an artifact that dinged when I touched it.

When it activated my kiddo was asleep behind me and my immediate response thinking it was a noise maker was to minimize and mute. As a  result I didn't see a bomb message.     I'd like to say now that I've just come back after being gone for a year that I'm rusty, but I fully acknowledge that I should have looked.    It was stupid.   I fully own the mistake but I've also only ever in my entire time playing activated one other artibomb on a traitor round, which ended up gibbing me because at that time I also thought it was a noise maker.  (on a whole other side note that text should really really be red letting people know.)

So I popped it outside of podbay, and was in crit because my dumbass forgot internals.   Im eating fruit and get back in the pod when Im blacked out and see my pod explode.     Suddenly podbays gone.  I still don't realize  whats happened.   If you check the logs I even had said I found a noisemaker artifact, and if you check the logs of that post moment Im frantically trying to give someone glowing fruit to heal them. 

It wasn't until after I died that I realized what happened.  I felt like a fuckin idiot.  I felt bad (you can see that in the chat logs). 

About three hours later I get a message from Darkchis about it.  I explain what happened, how stupid I felt... and I get reperma'd.

My objection is that it was pretty clear from the chat in game, from the positioning of the bomb (if Id wanted to do damage Id have left it at the security  warp point) and my general explanation that it was a mistake.  A huge fucking stupid mistake, but I was just gotten back and big artifacts are something I don't mess with much because in my experience about all they are good for his turning you into a borg.

I was reperma'd for an awful mistake, given no benefit of the doubt despite a clear effort to adminhelp and be better (i've used adminhelp as often as possible instead of taking things into my own hands)   Despite being one of two people who dies from the artibomb and every clue in the game would have told you I had no idea (people don't generally stand right next to a spot about to be blown up after they've spent thirty minutes growing glowing fruit).

I realized I'm just back, but I was given no room to make a mistake.    It was a godawful one but even admins sometimes mess up from lack of knowledge.     I would have understood a temp ban, but I was a scientist, if I had wanted to blow shit up I could have made a can bomb.   

All evidence in the game would have pointed to me not knowing.  I lost thirty minutes of growing when that thing blew up on me.

I get it, I was newly unbanned, but when all evidence pointed to it being a mistake I feel it was unfair to reperma me.

I didn't want to appeal because I do think even with that kind of mistake a ban is appropriate, I just don't know that it was fair to reperma someone over a mistake.   I'd just gotten back,  and that was an easy thing to miss.

Messages In This Thread
Darkchis - by vampirate - 12-20-2016, 07:15 PM
RE: Darkchis - by ZeWaka - 12-20-2016, 07:43 PM
RE: Darkchis - by vampirate - 12-20-2016, 07:52 PM
RE: Darkchis - by Darkchis - 12-21-2016, 05:49 AM
RE: Darkchis - by vampirate - 12-21-2016, 06:17 AM
RE: Darkchis - by Darkchis - 12-21-2016, 09:34 AM
RE: Darkchis - by Spy_Guy - 12-21-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: Darkchis - by Gannets - 12-21-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: Darkchis - by vampirate - 12-21-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: Darkchis - by Darkchis - 12-22-2016, 10:42 AM
RE: Darkchis - by popecrunch - 12-22-2016, 05:13 PM