Poll: remove asperger's joke items?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes, remove them
26.63%
45 26.63%
no, leave them in
73.37%
124 73.37%
Total 169 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
should we remove asperger's jokes y/n
This is tied into a much larger issue: one of empathy for others. Someone has already stated how they struggled in the past when coming to terms with their doagnosis as having Asperger's.

There's a question we should ask ourselves:
Do we desire to bevome a haven where people can play a game in an environment where they don't receive the typical harassment so commonly found in our day to day lives OR do we say "nah screw it, we think it's funny, so deal."

The fact that we already ban folks for using bigoted language speaks volumes in what direction we should take this (I would hope). I don't think this is necessarily  something folks should be getting banned over but a light reminder that, hey it won't be tolerated if you continue with this behaviour, would be refreshing. Same goes for calling people retards, schizo, etc.

Our society's view are slowly adapting to become more accepting and inclusive of others. I'd hate to see goonstation make the same backward movement my country has just made.

Messages In This Thread
RE: should we remove asperger's jokes y/n - by atamusvaleo - 11-10-2016, 07:42 AM