Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let borgs change their batteries themselves
(11-07-2016, 01:38 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Hello, I'm here from the roboticists' union, I'd like to have a word with you about cuts to staffing.

In all seriousness though, changing cells is one of the few things roboticists can actually do to help borgs, other than changing modules or limbs. Whilst I'm all for giving borgs more freedom, removing cell changes lowers the amount of ways roboticists can cooperate with them,  which is honestly the best part of playing the role.

I also enjoy roboticist and can completely understand where you're coming from, but the entire process of changing a battery takes a second or two and then you may never seen the borg again regardless. There have been several rounds in the past few days when I'm a borg and I'm asking on the radio and chasing people around the station and nobody will change my battery. Trying to do anything productive as a borg with a 7.5k cell becomes a chore really quickly.

I'd even be okay with something in the docking station like "No roboticist detected on the manifest, cell changer enabled." I think that's making the solution a lot more convoluted than it needs to be though.

I'm not trying to reduce the roboticists' fun but instead increase borgs' QOL when they have no roboticist to take care of them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let borgs change their batteries themselves - by Ludwig - 11-07-2016, 01:49 PM