Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mechanic related and similar
I noticed that mechanic is easily sabotaged... i cant find the PDA cart the mechanics use anywhere on the station, the PDA cart had that device analyzer that allows wireless transmission of scans (ironically ya can scan most stuff like this, but for some ya need the classical device analyzer) and the station has only 2 device analyzers...
And guess what they cannot be scanned! so if a mechanic gets his PDA stolen or lost, (or there was no mechanic) and someone stole or raided the lockers yer fucked there is no way to get more! (and i am not sure if there is even a way to replace the blueprint machine and the fabricator)

Solution is easy, make device analyzers scanable, and the PDA cart that mechanics spawn with obtainable (maybe in that left corner of the ship-station, where mesonics and some other PDA carts are, or from a hacked vending machine)

Another issue i ran into is windoors (internal doors) they cannot be made or scanned... not only they are space saving, but also economical (rarely used glass) make them scanable or buildable!!!

The server that has a ship-station sure is not focusing on space, its too damn cramped in there, ya would expect ship interior to be thin walls and doors to maximize space... also being able to be pick pocketed or steal throu thin doors or walls should be fixed!

Mechanics lack a lot of access... ya would expect them to have access at least to EVA, but it turns out even if mechanics job is to scan everything, he has to annoy people to open doors for him constantly (i expected mechanic to be able to open at least the doors from maintenance side and have full maint acess)

Workbenches... not only mechanics get the most use of them, but ironically are not buildable! why is that so is beyond me! and no wonder makeshift stuff is unused when workbenches are locked down behind doors (cargo and mining on server i play). Workbenches should be buildable!

Custom PDA carts: i am not sure if this exists already... but i saw PDA can be customized! there could be an entirely new profession too! a contrast to mechanics, the IT guys who would use computers (which are unused and ignored) to create custom PDA carts, and modify existing ones! (also please enable deleting the readme files in PDAs...or add an option to increase memory)
or maybe this can be added to mechanics... This way when there is lack of crew players can modify their PDAs and have all (or most vital) tools installed!

Many times (usually cause no one gives a fuck) me and some other peeps had to do multiple jobs at once (example mining, eng and QM, or replacing the entire medbay as roboticist, or security (often as detective) and every head).

Even if we have acess to the room its hard to do yer job for example when doing mining and QM work when ya dont know what got sold for how much! adding a program to inform you of the sales to the PDA seems easy, and means a lot!

Also i saw that in the listening outpost (syndie vendor station) there is a furnace which generates power if its filled with any solid fuel! are those furnaces scanable/buildable? They are a perfect solution to inexperienced engineers! They could just install that kind of furnace into every wing/room of the station, thus having either a good backup, or skip the engine and solars (believe it or not some dont even know solars can be wired, and SMES can be tricky to set up), since those furnaces burn almoust anything as fuel, even without miners to dig coal, people can power their workplaces!

This could also encourage peeps who get bored on the server to go into space and make their own mini station (instead of ruining offices and public places)

Make everything buildable (by hand or fabricators) or buyable from merchants/cargo its wery anoying that some things cannot be replaced once gone (even if they might be simple to do)

Also are solars buildable? if not they should be (like on so many other servers) it would provide an alternative to the engine, especially if the one base starts with are not enough or got damaged!

Messages In This Thread
Mechanic related and similar - by Vuk Farkas - 08-21-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: Mechanic related and similar - by Roomba - 08-21-2016, 07:44 PM
RE: Mechanic related and similar - by Vitatroll - 08-21-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: Mechanic related and similar - by misto - 08-21-2016, 08:43 PM
RE: Mechanic related and similar - by Vuk Farkas - 08-22-2016, 03:19 AM
RE: Mechanic related and similar - by Vitatroll - 08-22-2016, 04:33 AM
RE: Mechanic related and similar - by Vuk Farkas - 08-22-2016, 04:48 AM
RE: Mechanic related and similar - by Frank_Stein - 08-22-2016, 01:37 PM
RE: Mechanic related and similar - by Nnystyxx - 08-22-2016, 04:51 AM
RE: Mechanic related and similar - by Vuk Farkas - 08-24-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: Mechanic related and similar - by Roomba - 08-24-2016, 09:53 AM