We all fucked up with the VOX thing.
(I fucked up my original app, here is the proper one)

Usual Character Name: (none, closest is Teddy AI)
BYOND Username: TheNewTeddy
Current Status (Regular, Mentor, HOS, Badmin): (Ir)Regular

AI Experience (150 word minimum): 
About 2/3rds of my rounds are silicon, and a good third of that is as AI. I've been AI before, and even recently started a thread asking people what they think about one AI behavior in particular. I usually have fun as AI and the new rule changes leave me motivated to play more AI rounds. Unsure what else to say really; at the time of writing I'm the first one to apply, so I have no other applications to look at for examples, so I'll improvise a bit:

I've become good enough as AI that I'm familiar enough as to where all the buttons and commands are that I can do the job without mentally seizing up. Compare this to, for example, when I play security, where I frequently need to pause and think "wait, how do I use this? What am I supposed to be doing? How do I do what I want to do?" That does not happen much as AI due to the amount of hours I've put into playing AI. I've even been AI in very long and lowpop rounds, so I've gotten all of the "lets be silly" out of my system. 

I've become accustomed to doing all sorts of things as AI, and can even make money with smart use of the QM console without ever needing another player to help. I quite enjoy the rounds I do get to play as AI and look forward to playing many more, with or without VOX access. 

Why do you want VOX: 
Sometimes, though not all the time, there is an excellent chance to crack a great joke if you have VOX access. In the event of a in-game crisis (blob, nuke, etc) a good AI can use the VOX to rally the crew into action, pointing out where help is needed at a time when the radio may be moving so fast that many don't see important messages. Lastly, and most importantly, it lets you get in on the fun when the admins are pulling shenanigans, as with VOX access you can be a part of the fun rather than just subject to it.

How would you not run VOX into the ground (50 word minimum): 
I will not do any of the following
1 - Make my own gimmick that nobody cares for
2 - Hold conversations that should be held over the radio
3 - Type in random shit to see what VOX says 
4 - Nerding out and repeatedly calling out Antags 11 minutes into the round using VOX
meanwhile, I will do all of the following
1 - Keep usage limited and reasonable
2 - Follow precedent* with VOX usage
3 - Modify my usage based on player responses (IE shut up if nobody cares)

*= If a round ends and people ask "Hey Admin ____ were you using VOX" this means I've succeeded. There should be no "Teddy is clearly the one using VOX" moments.

Messages In This Thread
TheNewTeddy AI/VOX Application - by TheNewTeddy - 07-05-2016, 03:26 AM
Musketman12 AI/VOX Application - by Musketman12 - 07-05-2016, 07:20 AM
medsal15's VOX/AI application - by medsal15 - 07-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Erev for VOX - by Erev - 07-05-2016, 01:21 PM
NateTheSquid for VOX - by NateTheSquid - 07-05-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: medsal15's VOX/AI application - by 69andahalf - 07-06-2016, 02:29 PM
RE: Erev for VOX - by 69andahalf - 07-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Zaccy14 for VOX - by zaccy14 - 07-11-2016, 08:57 AM
Poland spring vox application - by poland spring - 07-13-2016, 10:25 AM
Totheark - VOX Application - by Totheark - 07-14-2016, 07:41 AM
DaberWebir VOX Access - by Dabir - 07-25-2016, 03:04 PM