Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips N' Tricks & Little things you learned that are game changing.
Click dragging to open containers was probably the most fundamentally game changing that I learned when I started playing this game again. That, and the auto-equip button. They're still two things I try to tell new players about whenever I encounter them, though they're hard to describe by text.

Other fundamental new-player control tips like that:

-You can move objects that you're pulling by clicking on a ground tile, this can allow to get out of situations where you accidentally trap yourself. Similarly, you can move over crates by click-dragging yourself over them.

-If you're in a scrolling list (Such as the ghost observe list, the AI track list, or a the wizard teleport list), pressing a key will take you to the first entry with the same first letter as that key. Pressing again takes you to the second entry, and so on.

Some medical tips:

-Every med doctor has a porta-nanomed controller in their PDA. This is huge for healing people outside of medbay, and also means that you don't need to carry as much crap as you usually do. You can also save space when doing this by shoving your ID in your PDA slot and wearing it in your ID slot. Though hope at that point that you don't get PDA bombed, as you'll be double screwed.

-With heart surgery, know that hearts are the reagent container for all reagents in a person. When you cut out a heart, you also remove all the chems in their body, this includes any healing chems you used to prep before surgery. Simply don't add healing chems until the new heart is in. Once the new heart is in, make sure to use salbutomal on the patient, as this will reduce the OXY damage taken from not having a heart, and prevent the patient from entering crit, which would ramp up OXY damage and likely escalate into death. I had a few people die on me after transplants before I realized that salbutomal prevented that.

-You can adjust the amount of chems that hyposprays inject. Just use it in hand and you can adjust the hypospray for a wide array of values. The most common uses for this are lowering the inject value to 2 on a hypospray filled with omnizine (With the omnizine taken from the MD locker) so that it be used for healing scratches, or alternatively setting it to inject all on a hypospray filled with epinephrine and using the massive injection as a weapon.

-Cryo is not just for healing massive damage off of people, you can use it to heal minor scratches off of people where using any of the available medication would be a waste. Say, a patient has 15 BURN damage and 15 BRUTE damage. A brute and burn patch would be an egregious waste in this situation, so cryo would be optimal for healing the patient. This does deplete the cryodox, but cryo is rare enough that I have literally never seen a cryo-tube run out of it, and you have a spare beaker.

-The reagent reserve tanks in medbay are freaking godly, and I very rarely see anyone use them. They're large beakers filled to the brim with healing chems, a great source of epinephrine and anti-tox/charcoal. Alternative, if you tighten you grip on a beaker (by using the beaker in your hand), you can use the syptic and silver sulfazine containers as effective patches by dumping them on yourself. (Which is great when you're in medbay, dying, there's no doctor, you're somehow in the operating theater, and you don't have med access. Before you ask, this has happened to me several times before.)

Random Tips:

-Wear a hat as a clown, it makes the shoes far less of a brutal hell as it helps you get up. Everyone knows this, but it took me a while to realize. Same goes for if you've been cluwned.

-Try taking mutadone as a cluwne, it removes the crippling genetic defects that make playing as a cluwne a living nightmare.

-Paper and pen can get past speech barriers, such as when you're a monkey, a cluwne (I think), a diplomat, have too many accents, or a geneticist with a lack of foresight.

-The Chaplin's bible is a container that you can shove stuff in. This took me way too long to find out about.

-The point of PDA bombs is to soften up assassination targets right before you go in for the kill. Just using it to randomly bomb people does nothing, as people can generally be healed afterwards, and have any lost limbs reattached. It can, though, dick over certain departments. Observing the location of people before you bomb them, if you're not planning to kill them, and bombing when they're in the right location can do maximum dickery to and even cripple a department (If it,say, breaks a window and vents the air from the place.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tips N' Tricks & Little things you learned that are game changing. - by Mageziya - 07-03-2016, 02:40 PM