Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Replace/expand Chameleon Jumpsuit with a Syndicate disguise kit
The Chameleon jumpsuit is a nifty item, and I was thinking that it could be included in a set with other items for the disguise-oriented traitor, in case you wanted to be more meticulous about your disguise without having to dedicate like four slots in your backpack for jumpsuit/shoes/hair dye or whatever.

The Syndicate disguise kit would contain:

The Chameleon jumpsuit.

A pair of chameleon shoes. No more worrying if some pubby will blow your cover by noticing that you're wearing the wrong shoes!

A chameleon backpack. In case you want to disguise as a medical doctor without tipping someone off with your grey backpack. Maybe has a unique message if you turn a backpack into a satchel.

A bottle of syndicate hair dye, which can be changed to any colour, and has enough dye to be used a 2-3 times.

A pair of syndicate scissors or a razor. Cut your own hair!!!! Or use it to cut someone else's outside of a barber's chair. Ideally you'd use it to get rid of a distinctive hairstyle if you wanted to try doing things stealthy for a change, or a ponytail/afro/whatever that would stick out of a helmet or other face-concealing item. I don't remember how cutting hair works but realistically you'd only be able to go to a hairstyle with less hair than your current one. Totally useless as a weapon.

Something else?

I feel like these items combined would not be significantly more powerful than the chameleon jumpsuit, while making it a lot more convenient to disguise yourself. There would still be plenty of unique items like hats or belts or whatever that could break your disguise to an observant bystander, but it makes inventory management less of a pain for the traitor who wants to go the extra mile.

My potential concerns are that it may be a bit too powerful for one telecrystal, and that maybe it would infringe too much on the changeling's niche?

Messages In This Thread
Replace/expand Chameleon Jumpsuit with a Syndicate disguise kit - by Dastardly - 03-30-2016, 05:36 AM