Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A general complain on the handling of an unban appeal
I suppose I like to think everyone can be better? That everyone should get a chance at redemption. I get that he could have addressed more, and said more in his appeal... hell Kingston certainly did. At the same time, if all bans were removed in late 2012 including his... why was he automatically rebanned to begin with? It seems to be singling out one dude. I could see name banning him so he's on random for a while. It's just a thing to me. It's the same reason I argue for the KKK to be allowed to hold rallies when they'd probably see my boyfriend and I dead if they could. It's because freedoms and consideration only matter when they're applied evenly. Because otherwise you start moving the line closer and closer to an ideal. That may sound retarded, but to me if everyone got a reprieve, then doesn't that mean everyone? If everyone got another chance doesn't that mean everyone? My problem is ultimately that I'm not the greatest of guys, but I used to be way worse.

I think if you're giving everyone a second chance, then leaving it open for admins to say "oh except that guy, I don't like that guy" sets a dangerous precedent where things can get personal. And vendettas prevent people from playing. A thriving community needs players. Plenty of shitheads of come back to be awesome people. A couple became mins. ( I don't mean that they're still shitheads there, I just mean that they reformed). It's my opinion, and I feel what you're saying too, but to me he had his chance to prove himself taken away. It's like shooting him in the head and saying "he probably would have hung himself with the rope if we gave it to him anyway, right guys?"

Messages In This Thread