Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A general complain on the handling of an unban appeal
Alright we can keep arguing like this forever, we could keep arguing about what "conclusive" proof even is when metagaming, or why trusted, old admins aren't good enough proof to keep someone banned and why some low-effort ban appeal with not a lot of politeness in it doesn't make us want to really unban anyone.

But why would we do that? It's not even your ban appeal, Vampirate. I can appreciate that you want to keep the admins in check or whatever, but do you know why Beatbeat didn't make a complaint? Because he put zero effort into getting unbanned, he just took that as being granted then when he saw he was going to be denied he pm'd several admins in IRC hoping, I guess, that he could annoy them to unban him or something. This is not a man that's worth the effort defending.

Oh yeah also:
Quote:As for my explanation of how I disagree with the assessment of tranny as aslur. If you disagree with someone who is an active member of the lgbt community, well that's fine, we disagree amongst ourselves as well, but again... a lot of people find "retarded" to be a slur... it's a pc debate which still rages... but it's considered by a large portion not to be a slur. You're free to disagree, but it is a term for which the connotations in which it is used are important. He used it casually, but without any particular malice.
mad

Messages In This Thread