Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New popup design
Hello fellow spacenerds.

As you should have noticed for the past few months or however long it's been, the changelog looks a smidge different from every other popup in the game. This was my experiment with custom styling popup windows and I'm happy to say it's been pretty successful. As a result, the technique can now be copied to other popups that exist in the game. However, the visual style of the changelog was always supposed to be temporary and I need something that looks way better. This is where you, the spacefarting public, come in!

What I need
A graphical design for a new popup style. That is, the way the popup looks. This can be in any format (a photoshop file, a jpeg, html/css, whatever) and I will convert the design I think works the best. You are literally designing a box for content to be shoved in. You are free to also design a style guide for said content but it's not a necessary part of this request.

Considerations
  • Popups are variable size (from teeny tiny to half the screen) so please design with that in mind.
  • I can do transparency (bits of the popup that don't show) but it's limited (no partial transparency).
  • Popups are browser windows designed with html/css/js. By and large this isn't an issue for these designs but just be aware some small aspects might be impossible to replicate in a browser.

What's in it for you
Beyond a warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from helping develop this rad game, I'm also prepared to offer prizes to the owner of the design that gets chosen (and probably some consolation prizes for those who don't). You will:
  • Be mentioned in the changelog as the designer
  • Receive a special in-game medal that gives special vanity rewards!
  • Receive an as yet undecided amount of antag tokens
  • In the future, your design could be extended to other stuff too, like the client interface itself

Oh and to help, here's a design that Supernorn did for the now defunct remake project. You don't have to follow it whatsoever but it's a rough idea of what I want for this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/147 ... 3lobby.png

So, get designing spacejerks!

Messages In This Thread