Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Station vs Station mode in detail
So, from my understanding, each station is on a completely separate Z-level from one another and has an on-board teleporter that they can use to teleport onto the other station, but only after a startup time has elapsed. There'd probably be a list of different locations you can teleport to on the other station, so as to keep people on their toes as to where the opposition will come in. There's still gotta be some kind of objective beyond "kill everyone" or "force an evacuation" though, because those two objectives are prone to not working out very well.

What if we turn this into capture the flag?

There's some kind of important item on each ship that the opposing team must acquire and bring to their station, and potentially bring it to a specific POINT on their station for extraction/collection/demolition/whatever. This would give a clear objective that can be guarded in a variety of different ways, but can't really be exploited or abused. Sort of like the nuke disk in the old nuke ops mode, only as if the syndies ALSO had a disk.

And don't get me wrong here, I am actually very intrigued about this idea and think that it could very well be the holy grail that modes like rev and spy were trying to achieve. Then again, I'm less trying to think of the mechanics behind this mode and more trying to think of what things will be like in this mode were it implemented, and perhaps due to experiences with those aforementioned notorious game modes, my expectations aren't very high. But hey, who knows. Maybe this thing could work out, and I'd be happy to contribute ideas.

Messages In This Thread