Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more cold airlessness
Temperature doesn't really exist in space, it dips from from nearing absolute zero in the shade to as hot as fuck, as the only thing varying the temperature of an object is radiation from stars, to put simply. Seen as SS13 is orbiting a gas giant/sun/plasma source it would make sense for space to be hot as fuck, but I'm not sure how that would apply to breaches.

But tbh, I feel like the cold is part of the experience with space, don't fix what ain't broken etc. While it doesn't make much scientific sense, if changes were going to be made, you could make space tiles somewhat less cold (light blue), while walking on objects/turf the same freezing effect (deep flashing blue). That would mean burn damage isn't going to be as bad in space, but that's where I feel you could balance that with ailments such as The Bends (brute damage and slowness per X amount of tics, cured by oxygen treatment) or like the eye damage suggested above. Just dont add in pressure like in other servers embarrasment

Also, i'd like to see space tiles putting out fire on mobs, that shit don't make sense either.

Messages In This Thread