Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spaceman Skill Scoring
How would you rate your space skills in these various subjects?

Engine Hellburning: D. I am not talented at making the engine emit unholy quantities of energy. Even when I try standard methods the results have been lackluster.

Bomb-Fu: A+. Anybody can chuck a pipebomb together. A lot of people can do TTV bombs, some of them disgustingly quickly. Canister bombs are where it's at.

Chemistry: A. It's not just about secret recipes, though I do know most of them. Knowing how to weaponize them is the trick - do you know the specific breakpoints for smoke powder radii (stabilized or unstabilized)? Got a favorite slurrypoison mixture? Know what blocks toxic fumes? Done any bloodbag drip science? Learned to work the chemicompilers?

Telescience: A. Setting up telescience quickly to yoink the captain's spare ID is just the start. What telescience areas can you complete, or speedrun?

Botany: B-. I can usually get where I'm going in botany, but the secrets to splicing or growing life weed remain beyond my ability.

Mechanics Components: C+. I know the essentials of setting them up but have yet to construct anything truly horrendous with them.

Robustness: C+. I know a few of the dirty tricks in hand to hand, but my clicking ability always lets me down when facing anyone with above average skill.

Artifact Research: C. I know the standard ways of making artifacts go PING and can run gptio, but puzzling out exactly what one stubborn artifact needs to make it go fzamph based on the fuzzy readings of the instruments has not engaged my attention.

Medicine: A. I know exactly how to treat just about any problem and have a specific medical kit I throw together to do so. Salbutamol is extremely underutilized.

Tampering With Life Itself (Genetics): A. How fast can you bum-rush to injectors? What genetic combos have you memorized? How often do monkeys beat you senseless?

The Synthetic Life: A-. How well do you know the ins and outs of playing a cyborg or AI, taking advantage of the unique things these roles are capable of? I know my borg-chem needs touching up for blob-fighting, but I think my other synthetic talents are top notch.

Cashing In: D. How good at you at making money? I just default to the slots when I need a quick cash infusion, but a skilled QM operator or stock market player can make a bundle.

Loaf Processing: F. Loaf science is scary and something I've never dared tamper with.

Any other essential skills that should be added to this list?

Messages In This Thread