Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borged Borgs: A Debate of Ethics
I always always hear complaints that are essentially "Stop being fucking security"
That basically involves AI screaming down the radio: "MISTER X IS DRAGGING A BODY TO MAINT, MISTER X HAS A GUN, SEALING MISTER X IN, KILL HIM KILLLL"
I think there needs to be a bit more clarity with the AI and borgs with asimovs laws, some seem to forget that it applies to murderers aswell, nowhere in Asimovs laws does it say that a traitor are any less human. One time AI bolted a traitor in, only to allow an angry mob of 3 people that were clearly holding makeshift weapons to beat his head in. That ain't cool.
When I play as AI, if I see someone harming another player, I normally say "Violence in botany" or if what seems to be using a traitor item I would say "Potential illegal device spotted in botany", then I would wait to see if people asked who, in which I would state it, otherwise I wouldn't. I wouldn't track the player either, unless implicitly requested, if a player who requested me to track him had a dubious record of being violent himself/herself then I would often reject revealing or tracking the traitor under law 1, but obliging to bolt in and contacting security on a separate frequency.
Only under special laws or logical circumstances would I change from this, obviously if the traitor has bombed several parts of the station, or has acted out his schemes to diabolical levels, then I would more lenient towards intervention to save the crew over the traitor, but that's the fun part of Asimovs laws really, your own interpretation.
Basically what it boils down to; Is it fun for entire crew including the antagonist? Then go do it under your laws.
Is it fun for just you (basically a dickhead AI) or a small minority? Then don't do it unless corrupted.

Messages In This Thread